About This Chapter
Thanksgiving Lesson Plans & Activities - Chapter Summary
This chapter can help bring your Thanksgiving lessons to life and get your students excited about this festive holiday. Enjoy access to teacher resources like lesson plans that offer assignment ideas, information about curriculum standards, vocabulary words and more. Activity ideas are also available to keep your students engaged during your lessons. Topics examined in this chapter include the following:
- The first Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving activities for kids and adults
- Preschooler, middle school and high school Thanksgiving activities
- Thanksgiving art and music
All resources in this chapter are available 24 hours a day, making it easy to plan your curriculum and lessons during any timeframe you prefer. Mobile features enable you to access our lesson plans, activity ideas and more using any computer, smartphone or tablet with an Internet connection.
How It Helps
- Instructional guidance: Provides tips and strategies for utilizing the teacher resources in this chapter during class.
- Student participation: Offers discussion questions and activity ideas that can encourage students to get involved during your lessons.
- Individual and group projects: Shares Thanksgiving project ideas for individuals or groups you can add to your curriculum.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning Thanksgiving lessons easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific Thanksgiving music, art and activity topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your world culture class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related Thanksgiving lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important Thanksgiving concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant Thanksgiving-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Thanksgiving Lesson Plan
Teach your students the true meaning of Thanksgiving with the help of a fun and engaging classroom activity and a Study.com text lesson. To take it even further, we have included suggestions for related activities and lessons.
2. First Thanksgiving: History, Facts & Foods
Every year, on the fourth Thursday of November, millions of Americans celebrate a federal holiday to watch football and parades and stuff themselves at the dinner table. Why do we celebrate Thanksgiving, and what food was used to celebrate? Learn those answers here.
3. Thanksgiving Art Lesson Plan
In this lesson plan, students will create four Thanksgiving crafts, including a thankfulness turkey, a leaf rubbing, a cornucopia and a slice of pumpkin pie. Use this lesson as an opportunity to have fun with your students!
4. Thanksgiving Music Lesson Plan
This lesson helps student examine Thanksgiving songs. Students will compare and contrast Thanksgiving songs in a group activity and then create their own Thanksgiving songs using rhythm instruments.
5. Thanksgiving Activities for Kids
Thanksgiving is a time to focus on gratitude and giving thanks. Encourage these practices in your students with fun classroom activities. These simple and engaging activities will help get your students involved and excited about Thanksgiving!
6. Thanksgiving Activities for Adults
Do you need to liven up Thanksgiving? Or, do you want to create new, special memories? Use the tips in this lesson to enjoy Thanksgiving with new, meaningful activities.
7. Thanksgiving Activities for Preschoolers
Thanksgiving is time for celebration, remembering important historical events, and creating memories for family and friends. Use the tips in this lesson to make this day an important event for preschool-aged children.
8. Disguise the Turkey Project Ideas
Your students can help local turkeys hide by providing them with disguises. Elementary students will enjoy applying their creativity and problem-solving skills to this Thanksgiving project.
9. Thanksgiving Activities for Middle School
Thanksgiving can be a time of distraction for middle schoolers. Help keep your students focused and learning at the same time with some of these Thanksgiving activity ideas.
10. Thanksgiving Activities for High School
High schoolers have a unique take on the world. Gone are the days of handprint turkeys! These activities help high schoolers get excited about Thanksgiving.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the World Cultures Lesson Plans & Resources course
- World Religions & Cultures Lesson Plans
- Winter Holidays Lesson Plans & Activities
- Holidays Lesson Plans
- Halloween Lesson Plans & Activities
- United Kingdom Cultures Lesson Plans & Resources
- Native American Culture & Religion Lesson Plans
- French Culture Lesson Plans & Resources
- Hispanic Culture Lesson Plans