About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other high school U.S. history work.
- Identify the 1970s concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our High School U.S. History tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about the 1970s and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding détente, OPEC, Vietnamization or any other 1970s topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their history learning
- Prefer learning history visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their 1970s history unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in high school U.S. history
- Don't have access to their history teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about the 1970s simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live history tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about the 1970s on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Discuss President Nixon's foreign policies.
- Describe the impact of OPEC's 1970s oil embargo.
- Understand the impact of Roe v. Wade.
- Learn about the Watergate scandal and President Nixon's resignation.
- Take a look at Gerald Ford's presidency.
- Examine Jimmy Carter's foreign policy and accomplishments.
1. Foreign Policies of President Nixon: Vietnamization & Detente
President Richard Nixon entered office in 1969 with the hope of easing international relations and honorably ending the war in Vietnam. Learn about his various attempts at securing international peace.
2. Conflict in the Middle East: OPEC's 1970s Oil Embargo & Its Impact
The 1970s represented a period of economic distress in the United States. Learn about one of the major factors, the 1973 oil embargo by OPEC, and its devastating impact on the American economy in this video lesson.
3. Supreme Court Case Roe v. Wade: Summary, Decision & Impact on Abortion
''Roe v. Wade, 1973'' was the landmark Supreme Court decision in regard to legalized abortion. Learn about the case, the decision and its impact on the United States.
4. The Watergate Scandal & President Nixon: Investigation & Resignation
The Watergate Scandal represented President Richard Nixon's wanton abuse of the executive privilege. Learn more about the scandal, those involved, the investigation and Nixon's inevitable resignation.
5. Gerald Ford: Biography, Presidency & Facts
This lesson discusses the life and times of President Gerald Ford. Learn more about his personal and political life on the way to becoming the 38th President of the United States.
6. Jimmy Carter as President: Election, Foreign Policy & Accomplishments
President James 'Jimmy' Carter was elected president in 1976. Learn about the 39th President of the United States' foreign and domestic policies, including his successes and failures.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School US History: Tutoring Solution course
- First Contacts: Tutoring Solution
- Settling North America: Tutoring Solution
- The Road to Revolution: Tutoring Solution
- The American Revolution: Tutoring Solution
- The Making of a New Nation: Tutoring Solution
- The Virginia Dynasty: Tutoring Solution
- Jacksonian Democracy: Tutoring Solution
- Life in Antebellum America: Tutoring Solution
- Manifest Destiny: Tutoring Solution
- Sectional Crisis: Tutoring Solution
- American Civil War: Tutoring Solution
- Reconstruction: Tutoring Solution
- Westward Expansion, Industrialization & Urbanization: Tutoring Solution
- The Progressive Era: Tutoring Solution
- American Imperialism: Tutoring Solution
- The Roaring 20s: Tutoring Solution
- The Great Depression: Tutoring Solution
- The US in World War ll: Tutoring Solution
- Post-War World: Tutoring Solution
- The Cold War in America: Tutoring Solution
- Protests, Activism and Civil Disobedience: Tutoring Solution
- The Rise of Political Conservatism: Tutoring Solution
- Contemporary America: Tutoring Solution