About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help reviewing the Sherlock Holmes story ''The Adventure of the Dying Detective'' will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the story's plot, themes, characters and quotes. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing information about ''The Adventure of the Dying Detective''
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with ''The Adventure of the Dying Detective'' chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take ''The Adventure of the Dying Detective'' chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about ''The Adventure of the Dying Detective'' for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- A summary of ''The Adventure of the Dying Detective''
- Analyses of the story's characters and themes
- Significant quotes from ''The Adventure of the Dying Detective''
1. The Adventure of the Dying Detective Story Summary
'The Adventure of the Dying Detective' concerns a seemingly very sick Sherlock Holmes and a related murder that had occurred previously, involving the same disease. This lesson provides a summary of the mystery.
2. The Adventure of the Dying Detective: Themes & Analysis
Several of the themes in ~'~'The Adventure of the Dying Detective~'~' are not difficult to discern. The themes of deception and revenge revolve around Sherlock's plot to catch a killer. Sherlock's respect for Watson is a pleasant and insightful theme.
3. The Adventure of the Dying Detective Characters & Analysis
'The Adventure of the Dying Detective' has only three significant characters and a few minor ones. This lesson looks at these characters and analyzes the roles and functions of the major characters.
4. The Adventure of the Dying Detective Quotes
In 'The Adventure of the Dying Detective' Sherlock Holmes pretends to be dying from a tropical disease in order to trick a murder into confessing his crime. This lesson looks at key quotes from the mystery.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Sherlock Holmes: His Last Bow Study Guide course