About This Chapter
Who's it for?
This unit of our Middle School World History Homeschool Curriculum course will benefit any student who is trying to learn about the ancient Hebrews. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the origins of Judaism. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who require an efficient, self-paced course of study to learn about major Hebrew beliefs and leaders, the Exodus and the Diaspora.
- Homeschool parents looking to spend less time preparing lessons and more time teaching.
- Homeschool parents who need a history curriculum that appeals to multiple learning types (visual or auditory).
- Gifted students and students with learning differences.
How it works:
- Students watch a short, fun video lesson that covers a specific unit topic.
- Students and parents can refer to the video transcripts to reinforce learning.
- Short quizzes and an Ancient Hebrew unit exam confirm understanding or identify any topics that require review.
Ancient Hebrews Unit Objectives:
- Learn about the differences between monotheism and polytheism.
- Understand how Judaism originated and developed.
- Discuss the importance of Abraham, David, Moses and Ruth, among other key figures.
- Learn about the Exodus and other Hebrew movement and settlement activities.
- Explain why the Hebrew journey to Egypt and back was important.
- Understand how and why the Hebrews survived dispersion and the destruction of the Jerusalem temple.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Middle School World History: Homeschool Curriculum course
- Paleolithic Era to the Agricultural Revolution: Homeschool Curriculum
- Civilizations of Mesopotamia, Egypt & Kush: Homeschool Curriculum
- Ancient Greek Civilization: Homeschool Curriculum
- Early Civilization in India: Homeschool Curriculum
- The Roman Republic: Homeschool Curriculum
- The Roman Empire and Cultural Legacies: Homeschool Curriculum
- Islamic Civilizations in the Middle Ages: Homeschool Curriculum
- China in the Middle Ages: Homeschool Curriculum
- Medieval Japan: Homeschool Curriculum
- Medieval Europe: Homeschool Curriculum
- Renaissance Europe: Homeschool Curriculum
- The Reformation in Europe: Homeschool Curriculum
- The Scientific Revolution: Homeschool Curriculum
- The Enlightenment - Middle School World History: Homeschool Curriculum
- Europe and the Age of Exploration: Homeschool Curriculum