About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other life science work.
- Identify the blood vessels concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our Middle School Life Science Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about blood vessels and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding arteries, capillaries, veins or any other blood vessels topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their science learning
- Prefer learning about science visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their blood vessels unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in middle school life science
- Don't have access to their science teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about blood vessels simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live science tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about blood vessels on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Explain the functions of the blood vessels such as the veins and arteries
- Discover the purpose of the blood vessels that are located between the heart and lungs
- Explore pulmonary veins and arteries
- Identify blood vessels that transport blood from the heart
- Describe the descending aorta, the thoracic aorta and the abdominal aorta
- Learn about the body's systems of veins
1. Blood Vessels: Arteries, Capillaries & More
In this lesson, you will take a trip around the circulatory system and encounter the various blood vessels, including arteries, veins, and capillaries. Come along as we follow the path to every cell of your body.
2. Major Blood Vessels Between the Heart and Lungs: Pulmonary Trunk, Arteries & Veins
In this lesson you will learn about the main blood vessels that travel between the heart and lungs. You will also discover that these arteries and veins follow a somewhat unusual pattern.
3. Major Blood Vessels That Carry Blood Away From the Heart
Do you know which arteries are typically blocked during a heart attack? In this lesson, you will learn about the major blood vessels that feed the heart, brain and upper body. Then, find out what causes the pain known as angina.
4. Major Blood Vessels: Descending Aorta - Thoracic and Abdominal Aorta
The aorta is the largest artery of your body, and it is a strong and sturdy vessel. In this lesson, you will learn about its downward path through the chest and abdomen and discover the organs and structures supplied by its branches.
5. Major Blood Vessels Leading to the Heart: Superior Vena Cava, Inferior Vena Cava & Coronary Sinus
In this lesson, you will learn about the main blood vessel that returns blood to the heart called the Venae Cavae. You'll also learn about its two sections: the Superior and Inferior Vena Cava. You will then discover the special drainage system for the heart called the Coronary Sinus.
6. What is Capillary Electrophoresis?
In this lesson, you will discover what electrophoresis means and how capillary electrophoresis works. You will also learn how molecules flow and how data is plotted.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Middle School Life Science: Tutoring Solution course
- Introduction to Life Science: Tutoring Solution
- Characteristics & Chemicals of Life: Tutoring Solution
- The Parts of Cells: Tutoring Solution
- DNA Replication & Mutation: Tutoring Solution
- Cell Division & the Cell Cycle: Tutoring Solution
- How Living Organisms Get Energy: Tutoring Solution
- Classification of Organisms: Tutoring Solution
- The Origin & History of Life On Earth: Tutoring Solution
- Genetics & Hereditary Traits: Tutoring Solution
- Genetic Engineering Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Natural Selection & Evolution in Life Science: Tutoring Solution
- Microbiology & Types of Microbes: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Ecosystems: Tutoring Solution
- Types of Ecosystems: Tutoring Solution
- Changing Ecosystems: Tutoring Solution
- Invertebrates: Tutoring Solution
- Animal Behavior & Communication: Tutoring Solution
- Mammal Reproduction & Development: Tutoring Solution
- The Cardiovascular System: Tutoring Solution
- The Digestive System: Tutoring Solution
- The Urinary & Endocrine Systems: Tutoring Solution
- The Muscular System: Tutoring Solution
- The Skeletal System & Connective Tissue: Tutoring Solution
- Sight, Hearing & Other Senses: Tutoring Solution
- Health Issues & Concerns: Tutoring Solution
- Plant Biology & Structure: Tutoring Solution
- How Plants Grow & Reproduce: Tutoring Solution
- Environmental Concerns: Tutoring Solution
- Natural Resources: Tutoring Solution