About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your cardiovascular system homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your cardiovascular system homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Parts and functions of the human circulatory system
- Blood flow and parts of the heart
- Heart conditions and diseases
1. The Human Circulatory System: Parts and Functions
In this lesson, you will take a ride on the transportation system of the body called the circulatory system and its two parts: the pulmonary circuit and the systemic circuit. Take a look inside and see how every inch of your body receives the oxygen and nutrients it needs.
2. Anatomy of the Heart: Blood Flow and Parts
In this lesson, you will take a look inside the heart and identify the chambers and one-way valves that make up this vital organ. You will also follow along as we trace the flow of blood through the heart chambers.
3. Types of Heart Conditions and Diseases
Your heart muscle receives a rich blood supply from the coronary arteries. If the coronary arteries become blocked, it can result in coronary heart disease, angina, heart attack or congestive heart failure. Learn how these conditions get started.
4. Functions of the Lymphatic System
In this lesson, you will learn about the lymphatic system and the vital role it plays in keeping the cardiovascular system working. You'll discover how the lymphatic system (with its lymphatic vessels and capillaries) quietly works in the background to return leaked fluids back to the blood.
5. Circulatory System IV: Red Blood Cells
Why don't mature red blood cells have nuclei or mitochondria, and how do these guys squeeze through capillaries? While learning about the brief but glorious lives of red blood cells, you'll also see which characteristics help them transport oxygen and carbon dioxide to other cells.
6. Blood Types: ABO System, Red Blood Cell Antigens & Blood Groups
You are either blood type A, B, AB or O. But, did you know that your blood type is determined by microscopic antigens found on your red blood cells? In this lesson, you will learn about the different blood groups and why they do not mix.
7. What is a Lymph? - Definition & Anatomy
In this lesson, you will learn about lymph, a fluid that forms in your body's tissues. You will explore how lymph is produced, how it moves through your body, and why it is important to your overall health. A post-lesson quiz will test your knowledge.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Middle School Life Science: Homework Help Resource course
- Introduction to Life Science: Homework Help
- Characteristics & Chemicals of Life: Homework Help
- The Parts of Cells: Homework Help
- DNA Replication & Mutation: Homework Help
- Cell Division & the Cell Cycle: Homework Help
- How Living Organisms Get Energy: Homework Help
- Classification of Organisms: Homework Help
- The Origin & History of Life On Earth: Homework Help
- Genetics & Hereditary Traits: Homework Help
- Genetic Engineering Basics: Homework Help
- Natural Selection & Evolution in Life Science: Homework Help
- Microbiology & Types of Microbes: Homework Help
- Introduction to Ecosystems: Homework Help
- Types of Ecosystems: Homework Help
- Changing Ecosystems: Homework Help
- Invertebrates: Homework Help
- Animal Behavior & Communication: Homework Help
- Mammal Reproduction & Development: Homework Help
- The Blood Vessels: Homework Help
- The Digestive System: Homework Help
- The Urinary & Endocrine Systems: Homework Help
- The Muscular System: Homework Help
- The Skeletal System & Connective Tissue: Homework Help
- Sight, Hearing & Other Senses: Homework Help
- Health Issues & Concerns: Homework Help
- Plant Biology & Structure: Homework Help
- How Plants Grow & Reproduce: Homework Help
- Environmental Concerns: Homework Help
- Natural Resources: Homework Help