About This Chapter
The Creative Process - Chapter Summary
In this workplace creativity chapter, your employees can gain an overview of the creative process and how it can be used in business. Assign employees these short and simple lessons to help them learn about the business applications of the creative process, as well as individual creative process stages. In addition to the lesson material, the chapter comes with short quizzes to help employees reinforce their understanding of the material. The chapter can be assigned to individual employees, or you can integrate the lessons in a creativity training session.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter establishes an awareness of the entire creative process.
- Examines the business applications of creativity: Employees who complete the chapter will be able to understand why facilitating the creative process at work is important.
- Improves creativity: By understanding the stages of the creative process, your employees should be able to become more creative at work.
By the end of the chapter, your employees should be able to:
- Outline the stages of the creative process
- Facilitate the individual creative process in workplace settings
- Recognize the practical applications of the creative process stages
1. Creative Process: Definition & Stages
The creative process is a journey from preparation through illumination, implementation, and evaluation. In this lesson, we'll take a closer look at this process and its stages from start to finish.
2. Facilitating the Individual Creative Process in the Workplace
This lesson goes over the many ways you can improve your individual creativity in the workplace. We'll cover tips and tricks for each stage of the creative process.
3. Practical Application: Stages of the Creative Process
Besides being a key component for success in business, creativity is a process. Use this checklist to walk you through the five stages of creativity involved in problem-solving, including key questions to ask yourself at each stage.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.