About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering quotes found in The Crucible will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about quotes found in this play. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing quotes from John Proctor, Abigail, Reverend Parris and other characters in The Crucible
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with The Crucible Quotes chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take The Crucible Quotes chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about quotes found in The Crucible for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Abigail and John Proctor quotes found in The Crucible
- Quotes from acts 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Elizabeth Proctor and Reverend Parris quotes
- Tituba and Rebecca Nurse quotes
1. The Crucible: Abigail Quotes
Abigail Williams is a young girl, spiteful and angry that the man she was having an affair with, John Proctor, would dare leave her to go back to his wife. She's so furious she sets off a domino effect of witch hunts and trials in her town of Salem.
2. The Crucible: John Proctor Quotes
In this lesson we will go over some key quotes from the character John Proctor in 'The Crucible.' They will reveal his feelings about his affair, his wife, and his eventual rejection of complicity with the town's madness to save his honor.
3. The Crucible: Act 3 Quotes
This lesson provides an analysis of some important quotes from Act 3 of Arthur Miller's 'The Crucible.' These quotes show the terrifying strength of the warped justice system during the Salem Witch Trials.
4. The Crucible: Act 1 Quotes
Accusations of witchcraft begin in Act 1 of Arthur Miller's 'The Crucible.' This lesson focuses on significant quotes in the first act of Miller's play about witchcraft in Salem, Massachusetts.
5. The Crucible: Act 2 Quotes
This lesson provides a collection of some of the important quotes from Act 2 of Arthur Miller's 'The Crucible.' These quotes give us some insight into some of the major themes and plot elements of the play.
6. The Crucible: Act 4 Quotes
This lesson focuses on significant quotations from Act 4 of Arthur Miller's ''The Crucible.'' Two men in Act 4 refuse to make false confessions and lose their lives as a result.
7. The Crucible: Elizabeth Proctor Quotes
''The Crucible'' is a story of John Proctor, his affair with Abigail Williams, and the trouble that ensues when he shuns her. Elizabeth Proctor, John's wife, is the symbol of Puritan religion in the story, constantly forgiving and loving her husband.
8. The Crucible: Reverend Parris Quotes
This lesson provides an overview of quotes from Reverend Parris in Arthur Miller's 'The Crucible.' These quotes help us to see what sort of person Parris is and what role he plays in the atrocities perpetrated in this play.
9. The Crucible: Tituba Quotes
This lesson takes a look at some of the quotes from the character Tituba in Arthur Miller's 'The Crucible.' In this lesson, we will also examine how Miller uses Tituba and her words to make a statement.
10. Quotes from Rebecca Nurse in The Crucible
This lesson provides a collection of things said by Rebecca Nurse in Arthur Miller's 'The Crucible.' Rebecca's words are a voice of reason in a town of madness and rumor.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.