About This Chapter
The Culture of Spanish-Speaking Countries - Chapter Summary
Check out this Spanish language chapter to review the cultures of several Spanish-speaking countries. These entertaining lessons break down the customs, traditions, daily routines, lifestyles, art, music and tourism of Spanish-speaking cultures across North America, South America, Central America and Europe. Be sure to take the included lesson quizzes and chapter exam to solidify your understanding of these cultures. The online format of the chapter allows you to study wherever and whenever it's convenient. By the end of the chapter, you'll be able to evaluate Spanish-speaking cultures in the following countries:
- The United States
1. Spanish-Speaking Culture in Mexico
Mexico, the southern neighbor of the United States, is a country rich in traditions and natural beauty. In this lesson we will focus on Mexico's customs, traditions, lifestyle and some of the things that make this country unique.
2. Spanish-Speaking Culture in Colombia
In this lesson we will arrive in Colombia, the country of cumbia and arepas. We will see some of its most famous monuments and its most curious traditions.
3. Spanish-Speaking Culture in the United States
The Spanish speaking community in the United States has dramatically grown in recent decades. In this lesson, we'll explore how the Spanish language and culture affects American culture, focusing on some customs and traditions, lifestyle, arts and music, and tourism.
4. Spanish-Speaking Culture in Argentina
In this lesson, we will learn about the culture of Argentina, a great country in the extreme south of South America. We will see some of its monuments, its music, its writers, and its curiosities. Read on to find out about mate and tango!
5. Spanish-Speaking Culture in Spain
The Spanish language emerged in Spain, a country in western Europe, rich in history and traditions. In this lesson, we take a look at some of the customs, traditions and lifestyle in this country, while we learn some related vocabulary.
6. Spanish-Speaking Culture in Peru
The Spanish-speaking country of Peru is rich in culture and natural beauty from the ancient customs of the Quechua people to the dizzying mountains of the Andes. This lesson will explore the country of Peru, including its customs, art, and tourism.
7. Spanish-Speaking Culture in Venezuela
In this lesson we are going to make a trip through Venezuela, a country full of culture and tradition. We will learn something of its history, several places to visit, its traditions, celebrations, and some delicious recipes.
8. Spanish-Speaking Culture in Chile
What do you know about Chile? This lesson explores this beautiful South American country, whose official language is Spanish, providing an overview of the customs, traditions and lifestyle of its people.
9. Spanish-Speaking Culture in Ecuador
Are you ready to learn about the culture that characterizes Ecuador? This Spanish-speaking country has a lot to offer and this lesson summarizes the main aspects of Ecuadorian culture.
10. Spanish-Speaking Culture in Guatemala
In this lesson, we are going to travel through Central America to see a truly fascinating country: Guatemala. It's a country with unique, important Mayan traditions. After reading the lesson, you might want to visit it!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the UExcel Spanish Language: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Greetings & Introduction to the Spanish Alphabet
- Understanding Spanish Interrogatives
- Understanding Nouns & Gender in Spanish
- Conjugating Spanish Verbs
- Expressing Likes & Dislikes in Spanish
- School Vocabulary in Spanish
- Talking About the Future in Spanish
- Counting, Numbers & Amounts in Spanish
- How to Tell Time in Spanish
- Days, Months & Dates in Spanish
- Describing Weather & Seasons in Spanish
- Describing People & Objects in Spanish
- Spanish Vocabulary for Family & Hobbies
- Stem Change & Irregular Spanish Verbs
- Conditional and Subjunctive in Spanish
- Advanced Spanish Grammar
- Imperfect Tense in Spanish
- Social Life & Pastimes in Spanish
- Describing Locations in Spanish
- Talking About the Past in Spanish
- Formal & Informal Commands in Spanish
- Discussing the Home & Community in Spanish
- Shopping & Travel in Spanish
- Health & Safety Terms in Spanish
- Professions & Careers in Spanish
- How to Give Advice in Spanish
- Politics & Government in Spanish
- Reading & Listening Comprehension in Spanish
- UExcel Spanish Language Flashcards