About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering college-level business material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn college-level business. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the nature of business or working with entrepreneurship and the economy
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning business topics (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about the dynamic business environment
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra business learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing The Dynamic Business Environment chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use The Dynamic Business Environment chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any business environment question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a Dynamic Business Environment unit of a standard college-level introduction to business course. Topics covered include:
- How the economic and legal environment affects business
- How the technological environment affects business
- How the competitive environment affects business
- How the global business environment affects business
- Understanding business trends
1. How the Economic and Legal Environment Affects Business
Businesses do not operate in a vacuum. They are subject to their external environments. In this lesson, you'll learn about the legal and economic environments of business and how businesses are affected by them.
2. How The Technological Environment Affects Business: Examples & Effects
Technology affects all of us. Technology can catapult a business to success or destroy it. In this lesson, you'll learn about technology, technological change, and creative destruction. A short quiz follows.
3. How The Competitive Environment Affects Business: Examples & Importance
Competition is essential for the successful operation of a market economy. Competition helps provide the best products and services at the best price. In this lesson, you'll learn about competition and some strategies employed by competitors.
4. How The Social Environment Affects Business: Examples & Impact
Businesses operate in a society. In fact, large organizations are mini-societies unto themselves. In this lesson, you'll learn some of the factors that make up the external and internal social environment of a business.
5. How The Global Business Environment Affects Business: Explanation & Examples
The world is becoming smaller. As globalization continues, businesses will be presented with opportunities and face challenges. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of these challenges and see how businesses can meet them.
6. What Is a Flat Structure in an Organization? - Definition, Advantages & Disadvantages
In this lesson, we'll define what organizational structure is, and explain some terms used to describe it. Then we'll cover the characteristics of the flat organizational structure, and discuss its advantages and disadvantages.
7. Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C) e-Commerce: Definition, Business Model & Examples
Consumers have a growing number of opportunities to engage in electronic commerce with each other. Learn about how consumer-to-consumer e-commerce works and take a quiz to test your knowledge.
8. First-Mover: Advantages, Disadvantages & Examples
Have you ever heard the marketing term 'first mover' and wondered what it meant? Perhaps you are familiar with the term, but would like to learn more about the benefits and drawbacks to being a first mover. Let's take a closer look.
9. Maximizing Profits in Market Structures: Theory & Overview
Most businesses open with the intention of achieving high profits. The process of getting there is the difficult part. This lesson is a review of profit maximization in various competition structures. You can follow-up with a quiz.
10. Mixed Costs: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we'll look at mixed costs. We'll define variable costs and fixed costs, and we'll look at how the two are related to mixed costs. Afterward, you can test your knowledge with a brief quiz.
11. Negative Externality: Definition & Example
In this lesson we will learn about negative externality. We will look at examples and discover who a negative externality affects. The lesson will conclude with a summary and a quiz.
12. Process Costing: Definition & Examples
Costing techniques are used to determine how much it costs a company to manufacture a product. Process costing is the method used when comparable products are manufactured. In this lesson, learn what process costing is and how to use this technique.
13. Economic Constraints: Definition & Concept
There are some things that you just can't control. In this lesson, you'll learn about economic constraints from the perspective of a business, including some of its important concepts. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz.
14. Economic Cost: Definition & Function
Economic decisions are about measuring costs against benefits. In this lesson, you'll learn about economic cost and its function in economic decision-making. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson to reinforce your knowledge.
15. Economic Incentives: Definition & Examples
What motivates people to work or start a business? In this lesson, you'll learn about economic incentives and related concepts, and be provided some examples along the way. You'll also have a chance to reinforce your knowledge with a short quiz.
16. Economic Integration: Theory, Levels & Types
There has been a trend towards economic integration over the past decades. In this lesson, we'll learn about economic integration, its theoretical basis, and different levels of integration.
17. The Nature of Business: Raising the Standard of Living
Businesses not only have the ability to create wealth and prosperity for their owners, but also for their employees and society at large. In this lesson, you'll learn about how the nature of business can increase the standard of living for all.
18. Understanding Business Trends: Past, Present & Future
We can often use past and current trends to predict where we will be in the future. In this lesson, you'll learn about some important business trends occurring right now that may have important consequences to new students and graduates.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Intro to Business: Help and Review course
- Business Morality & Code of Conduct: Help and Review
- Economics and Business: Help and Review
- Business in Global Markets: Help and Review
- Forms of Business Ownership: Help and Review
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business: Help and Review
- Managing and Leading in Business: Help and Review
- Leadership Styles in Business: Help and Review
- Organizational Management: Help and Review
- Project Management Basics: Help and Review
- Business Production and Operations: Help and Review
- Workplace Productivity & Motivation: Help and Review
- Basics of Human Resources: Help and Review
- Managing the Employer-Worker Relationship: Help and Review
- Business Marketing Basics: Help and Review
- Product Development and Retailing: Help and Review
- Product Distribution & Supply Chain Management: Help and Review
- Pricing Strategy in Marketing: Help and Review
- Product Promotion in Business: Help and Review
- MIS Basics in Business: Help and Review
- Implications of Information Technology: Help and Review
- Risk Management in Business: Help and Review
- Accounting Basics: Help and Review
- Financial Management in Business: Help and Review
- Securities Markets and Business: Help and Review
- Lean in Business
- Money and Financial Institutions: Help and Review
- Strategic Planning for Small Businesses
- Small Business Analysis Models
- Small Business Entrepreneurship
- Ethical Behavior & Social Responsibility in Small Business
- Product Pricing for Small Business