About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered in your business environment homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your business environment homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Nature of business
- Economic and legal environment
- Technological environment
- Competitive environment
- Social environment
- Global business environment
- Business trends
1. The Nature of Business: Raising the Standard of Living
Businesses not only have the ability to create wealth and prosperity for their owners, but also for their employees and society at large. In this lesson, you'll learn about how the nature of business can increase the standard of living for all.
2. Entrepreneurship & the Economy: Definition & Importance
Entrepreneurs fill a vitally important role in market economies. In this lesson, you'll learn about the importance of entrepreneurship, different types of entrepreneurs and how they add value to an economy.
3. How the Economic and Legal Environment Affects Business
Businesses do not operate in a vacuum. They are subject to their external environments. In this lesson, you'll learn about the legal and economic environments of business and how businesses are affected by them.
4. How The Technological Environment Affects Business: Examples & Effects
Technology affects all of us. Technology can catapult a business to success or destroy it. In this lesson, you'll learn about technology, technological change, and creative destruction. A short quiz follows.
5. How The Competitive Environment Affects Business: Examples & Importance
Competition is essential for the successful operation of a market economy. Competition helps provide the best products and services at the best price. In this lesson, you'll learn about competition and some strategies employed by competitors.
6. How The Social Environment Affects Business: Examples & Impact
Businesses operate in a society. In fact, large organizations are mini-societies unto themselves. In this lesson, you'll learn some of the factors that make up the external and internal social environment of a business.
7. How The Global Business Environment Affects Business: Explanation & Examples
The world is becoming smaller. As globalization continues, businesses will be presented with opportunities and face challenges. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of these challenges and see how businesses can meet them.
8. Understanding Business Trends: Past, Present & Future
We can often use past and current trends to predict where we will be in the future. In this lesson, you'll learn about some important business trends occurring right now that may have important consequences to new students and graduates.
9. External Factors of a Business: Definition & Explanation
Businesses are impacted by a number of factors, some internal and some external. While managers may not be able to control external forces, it is essential they identify and understand them.
10. Legal Environment of International Business: Definition & Essentials
Conducting business oversees can be a complicated legal affair. In this lesson, you'll learn some of the essential legal characteristics of international business. A short quiz is provided after the lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Introduction to Business: Homework Help Resource course
- Homework Help for Social Responsibility and Ethical Behavior in Business
- Economics and Business: Homework Help
- Business in Global Markets: Homework Help
- Forms of Business Ownership: Homework Help
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business: Homework Help
- Managing and Leading in Business: Homework Help
- Leadership Styles in Business: Homework Help
- Organizational Management: Homework Help
- Business Production and Operations: Homework Help
- Workplace Productivity & Motivation: Homework Help
- Basics of Human Resources: Homework Help
- Managing the Employer-Worker Relationship: Homework Help
- Business Marketing Basics: Homework Help
- Product Development and Retailing: Homework Help
- Product Distribution & Supply Chain Management: Homework Help
- Pricing Strategy in Marketing: Homework Help
- Product Promotion: Homework Help
- MIS Basics: Homework Help
- Implications of Information Technology: Homework Help
- Risk Management: Homework Help
- Accounting Basics: Homework Help
- Financial Management: Homework Help
- Securities Markets: Homework Help
- Money and Financial Institutions: Homework Help