About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your Eastern Mediterranean homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your Eastern Mediterranean homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Sasanid Empire influences and religion
- Constantine's contributions
- Justinian's Code of Law
- Islamic revelations
- Arab-Islamic Empire
- The Umayyad Dynasty
- Rise of the Abbasids
- Fall of Abbasid
1. Justinian's Code of Law and Roman Emperors After Constantine
This lesson will highlight the emperors after Constantine. It will specifically explore the reign of Justinian and the famous Justinian code of law. It will also discuss the Apostate and the battle of Adrianople.
2. Mohammed and the Birth of Islam
Out of the deserts of Arabia would come a man who would change the world. He was Mohammed, founder of the religion of Islam, and this lesson serves as a brief summary of his life and the founding of the religion of Islam.
3. Sasanid Empire: History, Society & Religion
This lesson explores the Sasanid Empire. In doing so, it highlights the reign of Khosro I, Zoroastrianism, and the social stratification within the empire.
4. Constantine & the Eastern Roman Empire
This lesson will explain the reign of Constantine and his move to Constantinople. It will focus on the advantages of its location, its ties to Roman law, and its homogeneous Christian population.
5. The Qur'an and the Hadith: Islamic Revelation
This lesson will focus on the Koran and the Hadith as sacred texts of Islam. In doing so, it will highlight the Muslim monotheistic belief in Allah and the revelation of the Koran to Muhammad.
6. The Arab-Islamic Empire: Emergence, Establishment & Expansion
This lesson will trace the emergence of the Arab-Islamic Empire. It will focus on the Islamic faith, the rule of Abu Bakr, and the Golden Age of Islam under the Abbasid Dynasty.
7. The Umayyad Dynasty: Rulers & Warfare
This lesson explores Islam after the death of Mohammed. In doing this, it highlights the culture and conflicts of the Umayyad Dynasty and its ruling caliphs.
8. The Abbasid Caliphate's Rise to Power
This lesson will explore the Abbasids and the Golden Age of Islam. In doing this, it will highlight the role of the caliph, viziers, and the growth of trade within the empire.
9. The Fall of the Abbasids & the Rise of Regional Dynasties
This lesson will explore the rise and fall of the Abbasid empire. It will explain how wealth, civil unrest, and slave revolt let to the fall of the Abbasids and the rise of regional dynasties.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School World History: Homework Help Resource course
- Foundational Concepts of World History: Homework Help
- Geography: Homework Help
- Major Belief Systems of the World: Homework Help
- Early Civilization of World History: Homework Help
- Early Civilizations of World History: Homework Help
- Ancient Civilizations in the Near East: Homework Help
- Early Chinese Civilization: Homework Help
- Early Indian Civilization: Homework Help
- History of Ancient Greece: Homework Help
- Hellenism and the Athenian Achievement: Homework Help
- The Rise of the Roman Republic: Homework Help
- History of the Fall of Rome: Homework Help
- The Rise of Christianity: Homework Help
- Introduction to the Dark Ages: Homework Help
- African History: Homework Help
- The Early Middle Ages: Homework Help
- The Medieval Warm Period: Homework Help
- The High Middle Ages: Homework Help
- History of Asia (1000-1300 CE): Homework Help
- Pre-European Civilizations in North America: Homework Help
- Eurasia and the Great Dynastic Empires: Homework Help
- The Late Middle Ages: Homework Help
- The Renaissance: Homework Help
- The Age of Exploration: Homework Help
- The Reformation Across Europe: Homework Help
- The Elizabethan Era: Homework Help
- Colonialism: Homework Help
- The Enlightenment & World Revolutions: Homework Help
- World War I: Homework Help
- Between the World Wars: Homework Help
- World War II: Homework Help
- The Cold War: Homework Help
- Post War Europe, Asia, Middle East, and Africa: Homework Help
- Latin America Since 1900: Homework Help
- The 21st Century: Homework Help