About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other world history work.
- Identify the Eastern Mediterranean concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our world history tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about the Eastern Mediterranean and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding Constantine's reign, Justinian's Code of Law, regional dynasties or any other topic concerning the Eastern Mediterranean
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their history learning
- Prefer learning history visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their Eastern Mediterranean unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in world history
- Don't have access to their history teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about the Eastern Mediterranean simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live world history tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about the Eastern Mediterranean on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Examine the history of the Sasanid Empire.
- Explain why the western half of the Roman Empire fell but the eastern half survived.
- Discuss the life of Mohammed and the birth of Islam.
- Explore the revelations contained in the Qur'an.
- Describe the factors that led to the expansion of the Arab-Islamic Empire.
- List the rulers of the Umayyad dynasty.
- Discuss the rise and fall of the Abbasid Caliphate.
1. Justinian's Code of Law and Roman Emperors After Constantine
This lesson will highlight the emperors after Constantine. It will specifically explore the reign of Justinian and the famous Justinian code of law. It will also discuss the Apostate and the battle of Adrianople.
2. Mohammed and the Birth of Islam
Out of the deserts of Arabia would come a man who would change the world. He was Mohammed, founder of the religion of Islam, and this lesson serves as a brief summary of his life and the founding of the religion of Islam.
3. Sasanid Empire: History, Society & Religion
This lesson explores the Sasanid Empire. In doing so, it highlights the reign of Khosro I, Zoroastrianism, and the social stratification within the empire.
4. Constantine & the Eastern Roman Empire
This lesson will explain the reign of Constantine and his move to Constantinople. It will focus on the advantages of its location, its ties to Roman law, and its homogeneous Christian population.
5. The Qur'an and the Hadith: Islamic Revelation
This lesson will focus on the Koran and the Hadith as sacred texts of Islam. In doing so, it will highlight the Muslim monotheistic belief in Allah and the revelation of the Koran to Muhammad.
6. The Arab-Islamic Empire: Emergence, Establishment & Expansion
This lesson will trace the emergence of the Arab-Islamic Empire. It will focus on the Islamic faith, the rule of Abu Bakr, and the Golden Age of Islam under the Abbasid Dynasty.
7. The Umayyad Dynasty: Rulers & Warfare
This lesson explores Islam after the death of Mohammed. In doing this, it highlights the culture and conflicts of the Umayyad Dynasty and its ruling caliphs.
8. The Abbasid Caliphate's Rise to Power
This lesson will explore the Abbasids and the Golden Age of Islam. In doing this, it will highlight the role of the caliph, viziers, and the growth of trade within the empire.
9. The Fall of the Abbasids & the Rise of Regional Dynasties
This lesson will explore the rise and fall of the Abbasid empire. It will explain how wealth, civil unrest, and slave revolt let to the fall of the Abbasids and the rise of regional dynasties.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School World History: Tutoring Solution course
- Foundational Concepts of World History: Tutoring Solution
- Geography: Tutoring Solution
- Major Belief Systems of the World: Tutoring Solution
- Early Civilization of World History: Tutoring Solution
- Ancient Civilizations in the Near East: Tutoring Solution
- Early Chinese Civilization: Tutoring Solution
- Early Indian Civilization: Tutoring Solution
- History of Ancient Greece: Tutoring Solution
- Hellenism and the Athenian Achievement: Tutoring Solution
- The Rise of the Roman Republic: Tutoring Solution
- History of the Fall of Rome: Tutoring Solution
- The Rise of Christianity: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to the Dark Ages: Tutoring Solution
- African History: Tutoring Solution
- The Early Middle Ages: Tutoring Solution
- The Medieval Warm Period: Tutoring Solution
- The High Middle Ages: Tutoring Solution
- History of Asia (1000-1300 CE): Tutoring Solution
- Pre-European Civilizations in North America: Tutoring Solution
- Eurasia and the Great Dynastic Empires: Tutoring Solution
- The Late Middle Ages: Tutoring Solution
- The Renaissance: Tutoring Solution
- The Age of Exploration: Tutoring Solution
- The Reformation Across Europe: Tutoring Solution
- The Elizabethan Era: Tutoring Solution
- Colonialism: Tutoring Solution
- The Enlightenment & World Revolutions: Tutoring Solution
- World War I: Tutoring Solution
- Between the World Wars: Tutoring Solution
- World War II: Tutoring Solution
- The Cold War: Tutoring Solution
- Post War Europe, Asia, Middle East, and Africa: Tutoring Solution
- Latin America Since 1900: Tutoring Solution
- The 21st Century: Tutoring Solution