About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your Enlightenment & world revolutions homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your Enlightenment & world revolutions homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Phases of the French Revolution
- Napoleon Bonaparte and the Battle of Waterloo
- Central American independence
- Second Industrial Revolution
- Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels
- Science discoveries of the Enlightenment
- Ideas of Jean-Jacque Rousseau
1. Phases of the French Revolution: Overview & Events
This lesson will provide a brief overview of the primary phases, key events, and main characters of the French Revolution. We will also study the conditions and circumstances leading up to the Revolution.
2. Napoleon Bonaparte and the Battle of Waterloo
In this lesson, we will explore the return of Napoleon Bonaparte to France on March 1, 1815, his hundred-day reign, and his downfall at the Battle of Waterloo on June 18, 1815.
3. Independence for Central America: History, Timeline & Events
In this lesson, we will take a look at Central American independence from Spanish colonial rule. We will learn what led to these independence movements, and we will highlight key themes.
4. The Second Industrial Revolution: Timeline & Inventions
The Second Industrial Revolution was another great leap forward in technology and society. New innovations in steel production, petroleum and electricity led to the introduction of public automobiles and airplanes. In this lesson, learn about the key inventions that spurred this revolution.
5. Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels: The Communist Manifesto
This lesson will explore the 19th century roots of Marxism and communism. In doing this, it will explain the role the Industrial Revolution played in forming the famous work of Marx and Engels, known as the Communist Manifesto.
6. Science During the Enlightenment Period: Innovations, Discoveries & Major Figures
In this lesson, we will learn about the Scientific Revolution that preceded the Enlightenment. We will highlight the major themes, innovations, discoveries, and figures associated with this revolution in science.
7. The Enlightenment Thinkers & Their Ideas
In this lesson, we discuss the varied and diverse 18th-century intellectual movement known as the Enlightenment. In addition to exploring its background and nature, we highlight several of the era's chief philosophers and their ideas.
8. Jean-Jacques Rousseau: Ideas, Impact & Works
Jean-Jacques Rousseau was one of the most important philosophers of the Enlightenment period. Learn about his important works, his main ideas, and how he influenced other philosophers, movements, and governments in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School World History: Homework Help Resource course
- Foundational Concepts of World History: Homework Help
- Geography: Homework Help
- Major Belief Systems of the World: Homework Help
- Early Civilization of World History: Homework Help
- Early Civilizations of World History: Homework Help
- Ancient Civilizations in the Near East: Homework Help
- Early Chinese Civilization: Homework Help
- Early Indian Civilization: Homework Help
- History of Ancient Greece: Homework Help
- Hellenism and the Athenian Achievement: Homework Help
- The Rise of the Roman Republic: Homework Help
- History of the Fall of Rome: Homework Help
- The Rise of Christianity: Homework Help
- The Eastern Mediterranean: Homework Help
- Introduction to the Dark Ages: Homework Help
- African History: Homework Help
- The Early Middle Ages: Homework Help
- The Medieval Warm Period: Homework Help
- The High Middle Ages: Homework Help
- History of Asia (1000-1300 CE): Homework Help
- Pre-European Civilizations in North America: Homework Help
- Eurasia and the Great Dynastic Empires: Homework Help
- The Late Middle Ages: Homework Help
- The Renaissance: Homework Help
- The Age of Exploration: Homework Help
- The Reformation Across Europe: Homework Help
- The Elizabethan Era: Homework Help
- Colonialism: Homework Help
- World War I: Homework Help
- Between the World Wars: Homework Help
- World War II: Homework Help
- The Cold War: Homework Help
- Post War Europe, Asia, Middle East, and Africa: Homework Help
- Latin America Since 1900: Homework Help
- The 21st Century: Homework Help