About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your pre-European civilizations in North America homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your pre-European civilizations in North America homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Native American history
- Mesoamerican civilizations
- Mayan civilization
- Decline of the Mayan culture
- Aztecs and Incas in the Middle Ages
- Pre-Columbian civilization
- Apache, Navajo and Mandan civilizations
- Inuit and Aleut civilizations
1. Native American History: Origins of Early People in the Americas
Because the first humans and civilizations got their start in Africa and the Middle East, historians and anthropologists have had to figure out how Native Americans got to the Americas. In this lesson we look at the three prevailing theories of the earliest migration to the New World.
2. Mesoamerican Civilizations: The Olmecs to Cortes
This lesson focuses on the early cultures of Mesoamerica. The Olmec, Maya, and Aztecs developed great civilizations in Mesoamerica over millennia. Then, after all of this development and the building of a great empire, the Aztec were quickly defeated by Hernando Cortes.
3. Mayan Civilization: Economy, Politics, Culture & Religion
In this lesson, we explore the Mayan civilization of Southern Mexico and Central America. A rich and culturally-vibrant civilization, its sudden disappearance from the annals of history have puzzled scholars for years.
4. Pre-Columbian Civilization: North American Indians Before Europeans
Watch this video for an overview of the cultural groups of Native Americans as they lived at the time of first contact with Europeans. Some of these groupings, like the tribes of the plains, changed so much due to the addition of European influences, such as horses, that there is only conjecture as to how exactly they lived before European contact.
5. The Apache, Navajo & Mandan Civilizations
In this lesson, we explore three Native American tribes in, what is today, the America's Southwest and Midwest. Though all three were different cultures, they were all ultimately decimated by the same thing: contact with European settlers.
6. The Inuit & Aleut Civilizations of the Far North
In this lesson, we explore the northern North American civilization of the Inuit and the Aleut, who eked out livings in the roughest of North American climates.
7. Zuni Tribe: Facts, History & Culture
Explore the history and culture of the Zuni people, a Native American culture in the Southwest, and test your understanding about Pueblo cultures, Zuni traditions, and the history of Native American peoples.
8. Mayan Disappearance: Theories & Concept
For many years, archaeologists have studied the collapse of the Maya civilization. Learn the different theories archaeologists believe were responsible for the downfall of the Maya.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School World History: Homework Help Resource course
- Foundational Concepts of World History: Homework Help
- Geography: Homework Help
- Major Belief Systems of the World: Homework Help
- Early Civilization of World History: Homework Help
- Early Civilizations of World History: Homework Help
- Ancient Civilizations in the Near East: Homework Help
- Early Chinese Civilization: Homework Help
- Early Indian Civilization: Homework Help
- History of Ancient Greece: Homework Help
- Hellenism and the Athenian Achievement: Homework Help
- The Rise of the Roman Republic: Homework Help
- History of the Fall of Rome: Homework Help
- The Rise of Christianity: Homework Help
- The Eastern Mediterranean: Homework Help
- Introduction to the Dark Ages: Homework Help
- African History: Homework Help
- The Early Middle Ages: Homework Help
- The Medieval Warm Period: Homework Help
- The High Middle Ages: Homework Help
- History of Asia (1000-1300 CE): Homework Help
- Eurasia and the Great Dynastic Empires: Homework Help
- The Late Middle Ages: Homework Help
- The Renaissance: Homework Help
- The Age of Exploration: Homework Help
- The Reformation Across Europe: Homework Help
- The Elizabethan Era: Homework Help
- Colonialism: Homework Help
- The Enlightenment & World Revolutions: Homework Help
- World War I: Homework Help
- Between the World Wars: Homework Help
- World War II: Homework Help
- The Cold War: Homework Help
- Post War Europe, Asia, Middle East, and Africa: Homework Help
- Latin America Since 1900: Homework Help
- The 21st Century: Homework Help