About This Chapter
The Importance of Customer Satisfaction - Chapter Summary
Customer satisfaction requires developing and maintaining a positive relationship with your base. The lessons in this chapter can help your employees better understand what creates a satisfied customer. They will learn the following:
- How customer satisfaction is defined
- The relationship between customer satisfaction and customer service
- Why satisfied customers are easier to retain
- The meaning and use of customer relationship management (CRM)
Your employees can watch the videos during your corporate training sessions, or individually on their computers, smartphones or tablets. You can have them watch all the videos in sequence, or focus on specific lessons based on your training goals. Quizzes are available to assess their comprehension of the lessons.
How It Helps
- Build awareness: This chapter provides an overview of customer satisfaction that can give your employees greater awareness of its importance to your company's success.
- Shifts focus to customers: The lessons can help your company successfully shift its focus to the needs of your customers, which can boost satisfaction and result in higher profits.
- Enhances business operations: Becoming more customer-focused requires making positive adjustments that can improve your overall business operations.
Upon completion of this chapter, your employees will be able to:
- Explain why customer satisfaction is essential for business success
- Share the relationship between customer service and satisfaction, as well as the different levels of customer service
- Describe the relationship between customer service and retention, and outline the ways in which satisfaction can lead to a continued revenue stream
- Define CRM and explain how it helps companies become more customer-focused and profitable
1. What is Customer Satisfaction? - Definition & Examples
Customer satisfaction is essential for business success in today's marketplace. In this lesson, you'll learn what customer satisfaction is and be provided some examples. A short quiz follows the lesson.
2. The Relationship Between Customer Satisfaction & Retention
Thriving businesses require two types of customers: first-time clients and returning customers. This lesson discusses how customer satisfaction and retention work together to build a strong client following for your business.
3. Customer Relationship Management: Using CRM to Focus on Customers
Customer relationship management (CRM) is an enterprise business system that organizations utilize to acquire, enhance, and retain relationships with customers. This lesson explores how CRM helps organizations become more customer-focused and profitable by combining functional processes with business operations.
4. Case Study: Costco Wholesale's Customer Satisfaction
Wholesale giant Costco has often been an industry leader or innovator in customer satisfaction. This case study will examine some of the strategies used by the company to improve and maintain high-levels of customer satisfaction.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.