About This Chapter
The Internet of Things & Society - Chapter Summary
This chapter contains a collection of lessons outlining the Internet of things as a part of society. Through brief but informative lessons, employees can review smart homes, wearable health devices and the impact of mobile devices. The chapter can be used with a variety of purposes, from group training sessions to onboarding.
How It Helps
- Offers examples: In addition to studying the concepts surrounding the Internet of things and society, your employees can also review a case study about a smart city in order to see these concepts in action.
- Provides real-world applications: Your employees will review buildings, energy and health topics as they relate to the Internet.
- Eases training: Because this chapter is accessible 24 hours a day from any computer or mobile device, it offers complete flexibility for employees in different locations or on different schedules.
Once your employees complete this chapter, they should be ready to:
- Discuss home, health and aging applications for the Internet of things
- Detail current smart home trends
- Give examples of wearable devices for health
- Outline the impact of mobile devices
- Describe cars, cities, buildings and energy as they relate to the Internet of things
- Explain Tel Aviv as a smart city
1. Wearable Devices for Health: Examples, Impact & Trends
Wearable health devices have become a popular trend. In this lesson, you'll learn about different types of devices and the impact they have made on people's health. You'll examine at the future of wearable health devices.
2. Mobile Devices: Examples, Impact & Trends
We use more mobile devices in today's society than ever before. This lesson will explain what a mobile device is, some of the most common devices we use daily, and how the world of mobile ties into the Internet of Things.
3. Tel Aviv Smart City Case Study
Tel Aviv's status as a ''smart city'' has everything to do with its use of the Internet of Things. In this case study, you'll learn more about Tel Aviv's collaboration and engagement with its residents through DigiTel.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.