About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering market research material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the market research process. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the market research process
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning sales and marketing (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about the market research process
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra sales and marketing learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing The Market Research Process chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use The Market Research Process chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any the market research process question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a market research process unit of a standard sales and marketing course. Topics covered include:
- Role of marketing research
- Establishing a marketing research project
- Marketing controls
- Sourcing primary data
- Collecting secondary data
- Sourcing primary data
- Constructing graphs from data
1. Marketing Research: Definition, Purpose and Role in Marketing Strategy
If you're a business owner, you need to know your clientele. Watch this lesson to understand the purpose and role of marketing research strategy in an overall marketing plan. This might be just the info you need!
2. How to Establish a Marketing Research Project
Most consumers don't realize how much behind-the-scenes research and analysis goes into the marketing of a product. With millions of dollars at stake, marketers must use information available to formulate a key marketing plan, decision or change in strategy.
3. Marketing Controls: Market Research, Test Marketing & Marketing Statistics
In this lesson, we will explain the purpose of marketing controls and explore related concepts, such as market research, test marketing, and marketing statistics.
4. What Is Primary Data in Marketing Research? - Definition, Sources & Collection
If you ever received a call to participate in a survey, you were part of primary data collection. In this lesson, you'll learn what primary data is. You'll also explore sources of primary data and the collection of it. A short quiz follows.
5. Secondary Data in Marketing Research: Definition, Sources & Collection
Marketing research requires data, and secondary data is often the most convenient and cost-effective option. In this lesson, you'll learn about secondary data, including its sources and how to collect it.
6. How to Construct Graphs from Data
This video describes how to create a line graph and explains the four main parts that graphs need to contain: 1. previously collected data, 2. picture representations, 3. use of the correct graph type, and 4. labels. This lesson also covers dependent and independent variables.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Sales and Marketing: Help & Review course
- Foundations of Sales & Marketing
- Ethical Sales & Marketing
- Sales & the Law
- Sustainable & International Marketing
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- Marketing Analytics & Data
- Consumer & Business Marketing
- Segmentation and Product Marketing
- New Product Development & Marketing
- Product Planning & Promotion
- Distribution & Logistics
- Direct & Online Marketing
- Product Branding & Strategies
- Advertising & Sales Promotion
- Selling & Pricing Strategies
- Social Media Marketing Overview