About This Chapter
The Nature of Customer Service - Chapter Summary
High-quality customer service can mean the difference between gaining and losing customers. This chapter contains several short lessons that describe different types of customer service and its role in marketing. The videos include definitions and examples of:
- Customer service
- Customer satisfaction
- Customer expectations
These engaging videos use real-world examples and fun illustrations to present topics on the nature of customer service. You can use the videos as part of a group corporate training meeting or assign them to your employees to complete on their own time. There are also corresponding quizzes and an end-of-chapter exam that you can use to check their understanding of key points.
How It Helps
- Improves performance: By learning the characteristics of good customer service, employees will be able to incorporate the ideas into their day-to-day activities and help attract new customers or retain existing customers.
- Encourages improvement: After seeing examples of customer satisfaction, your team can examine their current customer service techniques and look for areas of improvement.
- Builds awareness: Employees who understand a customer's expectation for customer service will be able to meet and/or exceed those expectations.
After watching these videos, your employees will be able to:
- Define and explain the different types of customer service
- Provide examples of customer satisfaction
- Describe ways to meet and exceed customer expectations
1. What Is Customer Service? - Definition, Types & Role in Marketing
Customer service is the act of taking care of the customer's needs by providing and delivering professional, helpful, high quality service and assistance before, during, and after the customer's requirements are met.
2. What is Customer Satisfaction? - Definition & Examples
Customer satisfaction is essential for business success in today's marketplace. In this lesson, you'll learn what customer satisfaction is and be provided some examples. A short quiz follows the lesson.
3. Case Study: Costco Wholesale's Customer Satisfaction
Wholesale giant Costco has often been an industry leader or innovator in customer satisfaction. This case study will examine some of the strategies used by the company to improve and maintain high-levels of customer satisfaction.
4. Setting & Exceeding Customer Expectations
There are four key ways to set and exceed customer expectations. By following these recommendations, you can have loyal, happy clients who feel your business exceeds their expectations every time.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Providing High Quality Customer Service course