About This Chapter
The Neolithic Age - Chapter Summary
This convenient study guide chapter contains short and engaging lessons that are taught by expert history instructors. Check out these lessons to learn about the characteristics of the Neolithic Age. You'll learn what life was like during the time period, and you'll also study the age's food, religion, architecture, tools and more. Each lesson comes with a short quiz to help you strengthen your knowledge. You can study the chapter at any time, and it's accessible on any device that has an Internet connection. When you're done, you should be able to:
- Define the characteristics of the Neolithic Age
- Recognize tools and weapons that were used during the time period
- Interpret facts about life during the Neolithic Age
- Describe homes and architecture from the Neolithic Age
- Evaluate Neolithic pottery and artifacts
- Describe religion during the era
- Explain the Neolithic Age in India
- Understand what types of food people ate during the Neolithic Age
1. Neolithic Age: Definition, Characteristics & Time Period
What's between the Old Stone Age and the Bronze Age? The New Stone Age! Though stone tools continued to develop, the greatest contributor to human history in this period was the Agricultural Revolution. We'll explore the growth development in this lesson.
2. Tools & Weapons of the Neolithic Age
Could you imagine taking down a wolf with a stick? Well, luckily for us, our Neolithic ancestors had developed much stronger weapons than sticks. To learn more about the weapons and tools of the age, watch this lesson.
3. Neolithic Age Lesson for Kids: Facts & Life
Journey back in time with us to the Neolithic Age! Explore what made this part of the Stone Age so different from the times before. Imagine what kind of home you would have and how you could make a living.
4. Neolithic Era Lesson for Kids: Tools & Homes
Welcome to the Neolithic Era, an exciting new time in Stone Age technology. In this lesson, we'll look at how farming changing the kind of tools people made from stone and how they built permanent homes.
5. Neolithic Age: Homes & Architecture
The Neolithic Age might be part of the Stone Age, but that does not mean neolithic people were cavemen - in fact, neolithic people had relatively advanced architecture and homes, which you can learn more about in this lesson.
6. Religion in the Neolithic Age
In this lesson we will explore the Neolithic religion. We'll see how climate and social changes influenced changes in religious beliefs. We'll also learn about the cult of the Mother Goddess, funeral masks and dolmens.
7. Neolithic Age: Pottery & Artifacts
The Neolithic Age, when man learned to farm, was also marked by the establishment of the first civilizations as man settled down. To take a look at the artifacts early humans left to us from this period, read on.
8. What was Life Like in the Neolithic Period?
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live in one of the very first human civilizations? Read this lesson to learn more about what the world and everyday life were like during the Neolithic Age, the last period of the Stone Age.
9. The Neolithic Age in India
The shift from hunting and gathering to animal domestication and agriculture took place at different times across the globe. If you would like to learn more about this time in India, this lesson has great source material for use.
10. Food in the Neolithic Age
Who doesn't love food? But, why do we eat the food we eat? In this lesson, we'll look at Neolithic culinary cultures and practices and see how they paved the way for our modern appetites.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Major Eras in World History Study Guide course
- The Stone Age
- The Bronze & Iron Ages
- Classical Greece
- Rome & the Holy Roman Empire
- Government & Culture in the Middle Ages
- Renaissance & Reformation
- World Exploration & Colonization
- Revolution & Independence Movements
- The Industrial Revolution & Enlightenment
- A World at War
- The Cold War Era
- The Hittite Empire
- The Paleolithic Age
- The Mesolithic Age
- The Iron Age
- Iron Age Cultures
- Stone Age People
- Stone Age Cultures
- The Bronze Age
- Bronze Age Cultures