About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your Earth's origins and history homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your Earth's origins and history homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Spontaneous generation and cell theory
- Theories on Earth's origins
- Characteristics of major eras of Earth's history
- Evolutionary change
1. The Origin of Life on Earth: Theories and Explanations
Ever wonder how living things came from non-living things? We will explore what conditions on early Earth may have created life from non-living items.
2. The History of Life on Earth: Timeline and Characteristics of Major Eras
The Earth is over 4.6 billion years old. Ever wonder what happened during certain time periods in that large amount of time? We will look at the major eons and eras of Earth's history along with important characteristics of each.
3. Evolutionary Change: Definition and Forms
You've probably heard of Charles Darwin and evolution. We know that evolution is change over time, but here we will look at how these changes may have occurred during Earth's history.
4. The Mesozoic Era: Plants & Animals
The Mesozoic Era is characterized by the evolution of many species and marked by two major extinction events at the beginning and end. We will investigate major plant and animal groups that emerged during the Mesozoic Era. The lesson is followed by a brief quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Middle School Life Science: Homework Help Resource course
- Introduction to Life Science: Homework Help
- Characteristics & Chemicals of Life: Homework Help
- The Parts of Cells: Homework Help
- DNA Replication & Mutation: Homework Help
- Cell Division & the Cell Cycle: Homework Help
- How Living Organisms Get Energy: Homework Help
- Classification of Organisms: Homework Help
- Genetics & Hereditary Traits: Homework Help
- Genetic Engineering Basics: Homework Help
- Natural Selection & Evolution in Life Science: Homework Help
- Microbiology & Types of Microbes: Homework Help
- Introduction to Ecosystems: Homework Help
- Types of Ecosystems: Homework Help
- Changing Ecosystems: Homework Help
- Invertebrates: Homework Help
- Animal Behavior & Communication: Homework Help
- Mammal Reproduction & Development: Homework Help
- The Cardiovascular System: Homework Help
- The Blood Vessels: Homework Help
- The Digestive System: Homework Help
- The Urinary & Endocrine Systems: Homework Help
- The Muscular System: Homework Help
- The Skeletal System & Connective Tissue: Homework Help
- Sight, Hearing & Other Senses: Homework Help
- Health Issues & Concerns: Homework Help
- Plant Biology & Structure: Homework Help
- How Plants Grow & Reproduce: Homework Help
- Environmental Concerns: Homework Help
- Natural Resources: Homework Help