About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering the phases of mitosis will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about mitosis. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding mitosis
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about biology (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about mitosis
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra biology learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Phases of Mitosis chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Phases of Mitosis chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any biology question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the phases of mitosis in a standard mitosis course. Topics covered include:
- Cell metaphase
1. What Is Interphase? - Definition & Stages
This lesson will define the stage of interphase during the cell cycle. The different phases of interphase and the events that occur during each will also be discussed.
2. Prophase: Definition & Stages
Cellular reproduction requires many intricate steps. In this lesson, we will explore the step known as prophase to gain an understanding of what is happening inside our cells.
3. Prometaphase: Definition & Concept
Have you ever heard of prometaphase? Some texts avoid this term, but this lesson goes over the six key events that occur during this specific phase of mitosis.
4. Cell Metaphase: Definition & Explanation
During mitosis, the nucleus and its contents are replicated and divided into two. In this lesson, learn about metaphase, the third phase of mitosis, and test your understanding with a quiz.
5. Anaphase: Definition & Concept
Anaphase is a very important stage of cell division. In this lesson, you can lean about the process of anaphase and what happens if something goes wrong during it.
6. Telophase: Definition & Explanation
The stages of mitosis - that process that allows cells to divide and reproduce - are detailed and complex. Learn about the ins and outs of telophase, the final step of mitosis. Learn also about telophase I and telophase II, the final stages of each half of meiosis.
7. Cytokinesis: Animal Versus Plant Cells
What's a cell to do when it must divide in two? We'll explore cytokinesis and see how the process can differ in important ways when it comes to plant versus animal cells.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.