About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering the literary context of Paul Zindel's book will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the literary context of The Pigman. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing literary aspects of The Pigman
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with The Pigman Literary Context chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take The Pigman Literary Context chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about the literary context of The Pigman for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Facts and biography of Paul Zindel
- Zindel's works and famous quotes
- Reasons why The Pigman was banned
- The setting and summary of the novel
- Key quotes and vocabulary words from this book
1. Paul Zindel: Biography & Facts
Growing up in a dysfunctional home similar to many that he would later write about, Paul Zindel was one of the most prolific, as well as controversial, writers of young adult literature of the past century.
2. Paul Zindel: Books, Plays & Quotes
Paul Zindel wrote books and plays for kids and young adults in the 1970's. Usually known for his humor and unique book titles, this lesson gives an overall look at Zindell's books, plays, and personality through his own words.
3. Why Was The Pigman Banned?
Although teachers and librarians frequently point to its literary merits, 'The Pigman' is often one of the most targeted books for ban lists. This lesson will tell take a closer look as to why it was banned.
4. The Pigman Summary
The Pigman, a novel by Paul Zindel, shows us through the lives of John, Lorraine, and Mr. Pignati, that life is both fragile and precious, and that in many ways, memories are as valued as old friends.
5. The Pigman Setting
While 'The Pigman', by Paul Zindel, may seem to be a story that is largely independent of its setting, the truth is that by better understanding New York during the 1960s, we better understand the tale.
6. The Pigman Quotes
Lorraine and John have a lot of growing up to do, but the relationship they share with Mr. Pignati goes a long way in helping them mature. In this lesson, we will examine some of the quotes from ''The Pigman'' by Paul Zindel.
7. The Pigman Vocabulary
''The Pigman'' by Paul Zindel is a novel about a unique relationship that forms between two teenagers from dysfunctional homes and a lonely widower. In this lesson, we will review vocabulary from the story.
The Pigman Vocabulary Flashcards
Use this flashcard set to help you review the more difficult words found in Paul Zindel's book 'The Pigman.' You will also be introduced to the three main characters in the story.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.