About This Chapter
The Plant, Fungi & Bacteria Kingdoms - Chapter Summary
In these lessons, you can review the taxonomy and major characteristics of the bacteria, plant and fungi kingdoms. Lesson topics include the multitude of uses for plants and some fun facts about kingdom plantae. Eubacteria, a major group in the bacteria kingdom, is described in full with examples. After reading these lessons, you will be prepared to:
- Give some examples of common bryophytes
- Explain the life cycle of the plants found in phylum Pteridophyta
- Describe the place of mucors in the fungi kingdom
Use these fun video and text lessons to understand even some of the toughest science topics. Our instructors have specifically designed these learning tools to present the information in an easy-to-follow manner. The video tabs allows you to skip directly to the section of a video that you'd like to review. Or you can study all the lessons in this chapter as a comprehensive test prep resource.
1. Kingdom Plantae: Facts, Characteristics & Examples
Chances are, you can thank a plant for your clothes, your food, and even your house. This lesson will explore the kingdom plantae including characteristics plants share as well as some facts and examples of organisms within this kingdom.
2. Bryophytes: Definition, Types, Characteristics & Examples
You may be familiar with green moss growing on a rock. Moss is a bryophyte, a type of nonvascular plant found near fresh water. This lesson describes bryophytes, including mosses, liverworts, and hornworts.
3. Phylum Pteridophyta: Characteristics, Classification & Life Cycle
In this lesson, we'll discover the characteristics, classification, and life cycle of the group Pteridophyta, which includes plant species like ferns and horsetails.
4. What is Mucor? - Definition, Mold & Examples
Mucor is a genus of mold that have many effects on humans. They can contaminate food and cause disease. In addition, mucor can be utilized in industrial applications. Learn about this group of molds in this lesson.
5. Kingdom Bacteria: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn about Eubacteria. You will learn some of the major characteristics as well as some examples of this major group of bacteria.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the UPSEE Paper 3: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Basics of Scientific Measurement & Instruments
- Principles of Physics
- Newton's Laws of Motion in Physics
- Power, Energy & Heat
- Weather & Weather Forecasting
- Principles of Chemistry
- Atomic Theory & Structure
- Ionic Theory & Chemical Reactions
- Overview of Inorganic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry & Agriculture
- Properties & Nomenclature for Organic Compounds
- Structures & Formulas of Organic Compounds
- Structures & Formulas of Alcohols
- Structures & Formulas of Acids
- Using Data & Statistics
- Principles of Agronomy
- Plant Cell Morphology
- Plant Anatomy & Morphology
- Plant Germination & Reproduction
- Understanding Plant Biology
- UPSEE Paper 3 Flashcards