About This Chapter
The Present & Future of Artificial Intelligence - Chapter Summary
Our engaging chapter covers the present and future of artificial intelligence in a series of user-friendly lessons. Each one covers a related topic from the ethics of AI and AI in everyday life to robots and the future workplace. This chapter is self-paced and accessible 24/7, allowing you to study on any compatible device at any time that works well for you. Help from an expert is available through the Dashboard if you find that you need it. After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Understand the planning and control of programming articulated robots
- Detail the ethics of artificial intelligence
- Outline artificial intelligence in everyday life
- Discuss the health care, manufacturing and medical uses for AI
- Describe the future of AI and advanced robotics
- Explain AI and the economy of the future
- Identify the role of robots and the future workplace
- Detail the impacts AI have on industry, society and governments
1. Programming Articulated Robots: Design, Planning & Control
Articulated robots have jointed arms and hands and are programmed to perform a task. They need to be taught what exists in their environment, the coordinates of these objects in space, what to do with their arms and hands and in what order. Careful planning and precision design of the robotic system is critical to creating robotic movements that are efficient, conserve power and perform the intended task. In this lesson, you will learn the basics of robotics design.
2. Ethics of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence (AI) encompasses the creation of machines exhibiting human-like intelligence. Delve into why and how ethics apply to this science and provide the guiding principles for the people who develop them.
3. Artificial Intelligence in Everyday Life
In this lesson we will first understand what artificial intelligence is all about. Next, we will discuss how we currently use this technology in our everyday lives. Finally, we will discuss the future of artificial intelligence.
4. Artificial Intelligence Uses in Health Care & Medicine
Technological advances have boosted the healthcare provider's ability to make better decisions. Read this lesson to learn more about the impact of artificial intelligence in the healthcare industry.
5. Artificial Intelligence Uses in Manufacturing
Artificial Intelligence and machine learning technologies have the potential to change the manufacturing industry for the better. This lesson will take you through the benefits of these technologies while explaining how they work.
6. The Future of AI & Advanced Robotics: Scalability
In this lesson, you will learn about how developers use smart devices to mimic human senses and to make intelligent decisions from various inputs as well as defining scalability and where technology is going.
7. AI & the Economy of the Future
This lesson highlights how AI is driving certain areas in global economics for corporations and governments. We will also understand how this trending technology, coupled with our data, will impact our jobs, and our lives in the future.
8. Robots & the Future Workplace
The idea of robots in the workplace might sound a bit out there and futuristic, but it is already happening. This lesson will discuss robots in the workplace, some of the advantages, and the potential issues that can arise.
9. The Future of AI: Impacts on Industry, Governments & Society
This lesson will explore the future prospects of Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, its impact on the society, the industry and the government in the future. The lesson will also discuss the probable designs of the AI and robotics that will ensure maximum benefits and keep all the risks at bay.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the Computer Science 311: Artificial Intelligence course