About This Chapter
The Public Relations Plan - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
This chapter will help you understand each step of developing and implementing a public relations plan. Our instructors will make sure you grasp the importance of this kind of plan. You can test what you know by completing our interactive quizzes. These short lessons will teach your more about:
- Goals for a public relations campaign
- Developing and presenting a public relations plan
- The important components of a written public relations plan
|Public Relations Plan: Example & Overview||Explore examples of public relations plans to ensure you understand this concept.|
|Setting Goals for a Public Relations Campaign||Make sure you can identify and set goals for a public relations campaign.|
|How to Develop a Public Relations Plan||Identify strategies and methods for developing a public relations plan.|
|Components of a Written Public Relations Plan||Assess all the parts of a written public relations plan.|
|How to Present a Public Relations Plan||Evaluate the best techniques for presenting a public relations plan.|
1. Public Relations Plan: Example & Overview
Public relations plan is a strategy used to manage the publics perception of a person or organization. In this lesson, you'll learn what a public relations plan is. After, test your knowledge with a short quiz.
2. Setting Goals for a Public Relations Campaign
Before a company can persuade the public to like them and their products, they should first develop a plan. In this lesson we will learn all about some common goals that are considered when creating a public relations campaign.
3. How to Develop a Public Relations Plan
Companies utilize well thought out public relations plans in order to reach their business goals. In this lesson, we will learn about developing a public relations plan.
4. Components of a Written Public Relations Plan
Public relations is all about putting our best foot forward by creating a positive public image. It all starts with an effective public relations plan that includes well-defined objectives, a target audience, and good communication tactics.
5. How to Present a Public Relations Plan
We have all been a part of a presentation, whether it was giving one or attending one. In this lesson we will learn about a particular presentation known as a public relations plan. We will explore how to prep for, and what to include, during the presentation.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Public Relations 101: Intro to Public Relations course
- Defining Public Relations
- History & Growth of Public Relations
- Communication in Public Relations
- Public Opinion & Attitudes
- Management in Public Relations
- Ethics in Public Relations
- Law & Public Relations
- Research Methods in Public Relations
- Types of Media
- Employee Relations
- Government Relations & PR
- Community Relations & PR
- International Consumer Relations
- Effective Writing for Public Relations
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Crisis Management in Public Relations
- Launching a Career in Public Relations