About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning about the Reigate Squire, the Crooked Man & the Resident Patient will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to summarize and analyze these Sherlock Holmes stories. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing information about ''The Adventure of the Reigate Squire,'' ''The Adventure of the Crooked Man'' and ''The Adventure of the Resident Patient''
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with The Reigate Squire, the Crooked Man & the Resident Patient chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take The Reigate Squire, the Crooked Man & the Resident Patient chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about ''The Adventure of the Reigate Squire,'' ''The Adventure of the Crooked Man'' and ''The Adventure of the Resident Patient'' for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- A summary and analysis of ''The Adventure of the Reigate Squire'' and ''The Adventure of the Crooked Man''
- Characters from ''The Adventure of the Crooked Man''
- ''The Adventure of the Resident Patient'' story summary
1. The Adventure of the Reigate Squire: Summary & Analysis
Away from London to recuperate, Sherlock Holmes becomes entangled in a neighborhood murder in '~'~The Adventure of the Reigate Squire.~'~' A burglary and murder are tied together, but the clues don't add up. Sherlock puts his illness to good use to uncover the culprits.
2. The Adventure of the Crooked Man: Summary & Analysis
In this lesson, we will summarize and analyze 'The Adventure of the Crooked Man' by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. This is a Holmes and Watson story that has the duo looking into the mysterious death of Colonel Barclay.
3. The Adventure of the Crooked Man Characters
In this lesson, we will look at the characters in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's 'The Adventure of the Crooked Man.' In this Sherlock Holmes mystery, they are hoping to prove the innocence of a woman suspected of killing her husband.
4. The Adventure of the Resident Patient Plot Summary
Sometimes the past creeps up when you least expect it! That's the lesson one of our characters learns in '~'The Adventure of the Resident Patient.'~' In this lesson, we'll take a closer look at the Sherlock Holmes tale.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes Study Guide course