About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your rise of Christianity homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your rise of Christianity homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Roots of Christianity
- Jesus of Nazareth's teachings
- Judaism and Christianity in the Roman Empire
- Romans forcing of Jewish people to leave Jerusalem
- Roman acceptance of Christianity
- Conversion of Constantine
- Early Christian Church's ties to Judaism
- Pope in early Christianity
- Byzantine church
1. The Conversion of Constantine and the Ascent of Christianity
This lesson will explain the conversion of Constantine and the ascent of Christianity. In doing this, it will highlight the Edict of Milan and the famous Council of Nicaea.
2. The Early Christian Church and Its Ties to Judaism
This lesson will explore the early Christian Church and its close connection to Judaism. It will highlight the similarities of these two faiths in reference to the Holy Scriptures while also exploring their disagreement over the person of Jesus Christ.
3. Jesus of Nazareth: Events, Life & Teachings
In this lesson, we explore the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, explain a few of the problems with arriving at a clear picture of Jesus, and discuss the facts as we know them.
4. Roman Expulsion of Judaism: Factors, Background, & Events
In this lesson, we explore what life was like for Jews during the early era of the Roman Empire, leading up to the first century expulsion of the Jews from Rome.
5. The Pope in Early Christianity
In this lesson, we explore the gradual transformation of the early Christian church in Rome, and specifically its bishop, into the incredibly powerful papacy of today.
6. The Byzantine Church: Characteristics, Empire & Icons
In this lesson, we explore the Christian Church in the Byzantine Empire, and the history of the issues the bishop in Constantinople had with other Christian bishops, especially in Rome.
7. George Whitefield: Sermons & Role in the Great Awakening
George Whitefield was a preacher and public figure who led many revival meetings both in England and the American colonies. He became a religious icon who spread a message of personal salvation and a more democratic Christianity.
8. Growth of Early Christianity in Rome
In this lesson, we explore the experiences of early Christians under the Roman Empire, from their early periods of toleration and persecution to the conversion of Emperor Constantine.
9. Jerry Falwell: Quotes & Biography
Few public figures elicited stronger responses from the media than the Reverend Jerry Falwell. Founder of both the Moral Majority and Liberty University, Rev. Falwell was a pastor and evangelist who was most active during the 1980's and the presidential administration of Ronald Reagan. Read on to learn more about this controversial figure.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School World History: Homework Help Resource course
- Foundational Concepts of World History: Homework Help
- Geography: Homework Help
- Major Belief Systems of the World: Homework Help
- Early Civilization of World History: Homework Help
- Early Civilizations of World History: Homework Help
- Ancient Civilizations in the Near East: Homework Help
- Early Chinese Civilization: Homework Help
- Early Indian Civilization: Homework Help
- History of Ancient Greece: Homework Help
- Hellenism and the Athenian Achievement: Homework Help
- The Rise of the Roman Republic: Homework Help
- History of the Fall of Rome: Homework Help
- The Eastern Mediterranean: Homework Help
- Introduction to the Dark Ages: Homework Help
- African History: Homework Help
- The Early Middle Ages: Homework Help
- The Medieval Warm Period: Homework Help
- The High Middle Ages: Homework Help
- History of Asia (1000-1300 CE): Homework Help
- Pre-European Civilizations in North America: Homework Help
- Eurasia and the Great Dynastic Empires: Homework Help
- The Late Middle Ages: Homework Help
- The Renaissance: Homework Help
- The Age of Exploration: Homework Help
- The Reformation Across Europe: Homework Help
- The Elizabethan Era: Homework Help
- Colonialism: Homework Help
- The Enlightenment & World Revolutions: Homework Help
- World War I: Homework Help
- Between the World Wars: Homework Help
- World War II: Homework Help
- The Cold War: Homework Help
- Post War Europe, Asia, Middle East, and Africa: Homework Help
- Latin America Since 1900: Homework Help
- The 21st Century: Homework Help