About This Chapter
The Role & Duties of Customer Service - Chapter Summary
Customer service departments rely on all members understanding and performing their roles and duties correctly. The lessons in this chapter can help your employees better comprehend:
- Roles and tasks of a customer service department
- The benefits of proactive customer service
- Tips for setting and exceeding customer expectations
You can use the lessons to create or add to an existing corporate training session. Have employees explore the lessons in any order you choose, or just have them view key topics within the lessons.
How It Helps
- Clarifies roles: This chapter's lessons can help your employees clarify the roles they play in the department as they work to contribute to the success of your company.
- Offers methods: Employees can access specific methods they can use to address customer service issues proactively and ensure satisfaction.
- Helps set realistic goals: The lessons can help employees learn how to set realistic goals that can ensure customers' expectations are not only met, but exceeded.
Upon completion of this chapter, employees will be prepared to:
- Explain how a customer service department contributes to a company's success
- Discuss the roles and tasks of a customer service department
- Share the meaning and benefits of proactive customer service
- Provide the four key ways to set and exceed customer expectations
1. Customer Service Department: Role & Tasks
A company's customer service department makes a significant impact on the success of the business. In this lesson, we will explore the role and tasks of this important department.
2. Proactive Customer Service: Definition & Benefits
There are two key components of proactive customer service. The first is communication. The second is process inclusion. Implementing each component of proactive customer service benefits businesses and customers.
3. Practical Application: Proactive Customer Service
It's hard to overstate the importance of solid customer service. Proactive customer service is a key part of the overall process, instead of simply responding to customers if and when they reach out.
4. Setting & Exceeding Customer Expectations
There are four key ways to set and exceed customer expectations. By following these recommendations, you can have loyal, happy clients who feel your business exceeds their expectations every time.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Setting Customer Service Goals & Objectives course