About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning the characters in The Screwtape Letters will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about these characters. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing the characters in The Screwtape Letters
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Characters chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Characters chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about the characters of The Screwtape Letters for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- The characters in The Screwtape Letters
- A character analysis of Screwtape
- An explanation of Wormwood
1. Characters in The Screwtape Letters
In this lesson, we'll learn about the characters who appear in 'The Screwtape Letters' by C.S. Lewis Whether they reside in Heaven, in the Underworld, or on Earth, each character has a role to play in the story.
2. Who is Screwtape in The Screwtape Letters?
Each of 'The Screwtape Letters' in the C.S. Lewis novel are written by Screwtape to his nephew, Wormwood. In this lesson, we will learn more about the character, Screwtape.
3. Who is Wormwood in The Screwtape Letters?
In the C.S. Lewis novel, 'The Screwtape Letters', Wormwood is the recipient of the letters from his Uncle Screwtape. In this lesson, we will learn more about this character.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.