About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding the short stories of Kate Chopin will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about Chopin's short stories. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding Kate Chopin's short stories
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about the short stories of Kate Chopin
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra literature learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing The Short Stories of Kate Chopin chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use The Short Stories of Kate Chopin chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a Kate Chopin short story unit of a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- A complete summary and analysis of Chopin's 'A Pair of Silk Stockings'
- 'A Pair of Silk Stockings' themes
- The setting and characters from 'A Pair of Silk Stockings'
1. A Pair of Silk Stockings: Summary, Theme & Analysis
This lesson includes a summary of Kate Chopin's 1897 short story A Pair of Silk Stockings. The lesson goes on to analyze the major themes in the story that are recurring throughout Kate Chopin's work.
2. A Pair of Silk Stockings by Kate Chopin: Setting & Characters
One pair of silk stockings means a lot to the central character of this story - Mrs. Sommers. In this lesson, we'll learn more about the woman and the places she goes in ~'A Pair of Silk Stockings.~'
3. The Night Came Slowly: Summary, Theme & Analysis
Have you ever sat under the stars and pondered the night's glory? The narrator of Kate Chopin's short story '~'The Night Came Slowly'~' does, providing a glimpse of the night's majesty and power.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Short Stories: Study Guide & Homework Help course
- The Short Stories of Guy de Maupassant
- Studying The Lady or the Tiger
- The Short Stories of Washington Irving
- The Short Stories of Saki
- The Short Stories of Katherine Mansfield
- The Short Stories of Anton Chekhov
- Studying Desiree's Baby
- Studying The Bride Comes to Yellow Sky
- Studying The Yellow Wallpaper
- Studying The Brass Teapot
- Studying Death by Scrabble
- The Short Stories of Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Short Stories of Joseph Conrad
- The Short Stories of Jack London
- The Short Stories of Edith Wharton
- The Short Stories of Ambrose Bierce
- Short Stories by Genre
- Short Stories Summary & Analysis
- The Short Stories of Edgar Allan Poe
- The Short Stories of Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The Short Stories of Thomas Hardy
- The Short Stories of Mark Twain