About This Chapter
The Spanish Alphabet - Chapter Summary
If you need to learn or review the Spanish alphabet, this chapter will show you everything you need to know! These short and entertaining video lessons show you how to recognize and pronounce all of the vowels and consonants in the Spanish alphabet. Be sure to take the accompanying lesson quizzes to reinforce your knowledge. You can study at any time, and the chapter is accessible on any computer or mobile device. Upon completion of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Pronounce the full Spanish alphabet
- Recognize and pronounce vowels from the Spanish alphabet
- Identify the Spanish alphabet's consonants
1. The Full Spanish Alphabet: Pronunciation & Audio
This lesson introduces students to Spanish pronunciation and the entire Spanish alphabet. Vowels and consonants, including those unique to Spanish, are discussed.
2. Vowels of the Spanish Alphabet: Pronunciation & Audio
Learning the vowels of the Spanish alphabet is essential if you want to read, write, and understand the Spanish language. This lesson introduces you to Spanish vowels and teaches you how to pronounce each one. You will have an opportunity to practice the vowels and test yourself at the end of the lesson.
3. Consonants of the Spanish Alphabet: Pronunciation & Audio
This lesson will introduce the consonants of the Spanish alphabet. Special emphasis is placed on the four letters that do not exist in the English alphabet, and on C and G, which have both hard and soft sounds. This video will present both the names of each letter in Spanish and the sounds that they make.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Spanish Language and Culture: Exam Prep course
- Basic Spanish Writing Conventions
- Spanish Verb Tenses
- Complex Spanish Verb Tenses
- Conjugations of Common Spanish Verbs
- Spanish Conversational Basics
- Describing People & Places in Spanish
- Expressing an Opinion in Spanish
- Understanding Spanish Texts
- Writing in Spanish
- Latin American Geography
- Culture, History & Politics in Spanish-Speaking Countries
- Cultural Etiquette in Spanish-Speaking Countries
- Discussing Politics in Spanish
- Discussing Environmental Issues in Spanish
- Discussing Science & Technology in Spanish
- Discussing Social Issues in Spanish
- Discussing Families & Communities in Spanish
- Discussing Art & Architecture in Spanish
- Discussing Aesthetics & Beauty in Spanish
- AP Spanish Language & Culture Flashcards