About This Chapter
The Works of John Irving Chapter Summary
Discover the works of John Irving using this collection of easy-to-follow lessons. You'll examine novels like A Prayer for Owen Meany and The Cider House Rules, including their:
Our professional instructors bring literature to life through these short, engaging lessons. Don't forget to check out our other literature-related courses, a list of which you can find below.
How to Use this Chapter
These lessons are a fantastic tool for anyone studying for an upcoming exam, writing a term paper, or looking to simply expand their literary knowledge. Use them to get an overview of John Irving's oeuvre or to dig deeper into a specific text that you're interested in. You can view the lessons in any order and track your progress as you learn thanks to the short self-assessment quizzes provided.
The lessons can also be used to supplement our existing full-length courses. Check out our other literature courses, including:
- English 101: English Literature
- English 102: American Literature
- English 103: Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
- English 301: Non-Western Literature
- English 310: Short Stories
- World Literature & Authors
- Survey of African American Authors
Visit these lessons for related content if you're eager to find out more about American and world literature.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Survey of World Literature course
- European Epic Poetry
- Epic Poetry of the World
- Epic Poetry of America & the UK
- Ancient Greek & Roman Literature
- Drama of the 20th & 21st Century
- British Drama
- The Works of Agatha Christie
- The Works of Ken Follett
- Contemporary Mystery Novels
- 20th Century Mystery Novels
- The Works of D.H. Lawrence
- The Works of Langston Hughes
- American Bildungsromans
- British Bildungsromans
- International Bildungsromans
- International Historical Fiction
- Contemporary American Nonfiction
- Magical Realism in Fiction