About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering writing process material for the CAHSEE Exam will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the writing process. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the revision or writing processes
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about high school English (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about the writing process for the CAHSEE Exam
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra high school English learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Writing Process - Revision and Skill Development chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Writing Process - Revision and Skill Development chapter exam to be prepared for the CAHSEE.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any high school English question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a writing process unit of a standard CAHSEE English exam review course. Topics covered include:
- Writing effective essays quickly
- Improving writing through practice
- Revising essays to fix errors
- Proofreading essays for correct grammar and spelling
1. How to Write a Great Essay Quickly
Many tests will require you to write a timed essay. You may feel panicked at the idea of having to produce a high-quality essay under a tight time constraint. But you can relax: this video shows you four basic steps to follow so that you can write a great essay quickly.
2. Practicing Essay Writing to Get Better at Writing
It can be tough to practice your essay-writing skills on your own without a teacher's feedback. With some time and practice (and by using this game plan), you'll be on your way to practicing, evaluating and improving your writing.
3. Writing Revision: How to Fix Mistakes in Your Writing
Writing is an important skill, but revising your writing is also. In this lesson, learn the basics of self-editing, including editing for content and for mechanics, such as grammar and misspellings.
4. How to Proofread an Essay for Spelling and Grammar
Proofreading is the last step in revising an essay - don't skip it! A single typo can sometimes ruin the hard work of an entire paper. This lesson will help you find the right proofreading strategy for you.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CAHSEE English Exam: Help and Review course
- Interpreting Literature: Help and Review
- Analyzing Drama & Literature: Help and Review
- Literary Terms: Help and Review
- Reading Informational Texts: Help and Review
- Evaluating Arguments and Reasoning: Help and Review
- Sentence Structure - Grammar Elements: Help and Review
- Sentence Structure & Mechanics: Help and Review
- Correcting Errors in Sentences: Help and Review
- Types of Essays on the CAHSEE: Help and Review
- Essay Basics - Essay Writing: Help and Review
- The Writing Process - Development and Planning: Help and Review
- How to Write and Structure an Essay: Help and Review
- CAHSEE English Exam Help and Review Flashcards