About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your interwar years' history homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your interwar years' history homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Political changes in Eastern Europe after 1919
- The collapse of the Weimar Republic
- Independence movements in Turkey and India
- Causes of the Great Depression
- Responses to the Great Depression in Europe
- Interwar conflicts in Asia
- The rise of fascism in Italy
- The Soviet Union under Stalin
- Hitler's Third Reich
- The Spanish Civil War
1. Gains of Global Democracy After 1919: History & Summary
In this lesson we briefly discuss the end of WWI and explore the proliferation of new states that occurred with the collapse of several central and eastern European empires.
2. The Weimar Republic: Strengths, Weaknesses & Collapse
In this lesson, we explore the Weimar Republic, the democratic government which governed Germany in between World War I and the rise of the Nazi party and Adolf Hitler.
3. Resistance in Turkey and India Between World Wars
In this lesson, we explore the resistance movements to western colonialism in both Turkey and India. Though both experienced colonialism via extremely different circumstances, both exhibited nationalist movements that opposed foreign rule.
4. The Great Depression: Timeline, Causes & Impact
In this lesson, we explore the Great Depression and the economic trends and practices that caused the greatest economic meltdown in the history of the world.
5. Response to the Great Depression: Governmental Policies in the US, Britain & France
In this lesson, we explore the greatest economic catastrophe of the 20th century, the Great Depression, as well as U.S., British, and French responses to the crisis.
6. Interwar Conflict in Asia Between World Wars: History & Response
In this lesson, we discuss Japan and China and the disparate fortunes of the two nations during the interwar period, including Japanese military aggression toward China.
7. The Rise of Benito Mussolini and Italian Fascism: Facts & Timeline
In this lesson, we explore the rise of fascism in interwar Italy, as led by Il Duce, Benito Mussolini. Mussolini's oppressive, totalitarian regime fell during WWII.
8. The Soviet Union Under Stalin: Five-Year Plans, Purges & Policies
In this lesson, we explore the brutal rule of Joseph Stalin in the Soviet Union, from 1928 to 1953. Stalin radically transformed the economy of the Soviet Union, while also terrorizing its people.
9. Hitler's Third Reich: Rise to Power, History & Collapse
In this lesson, we explore the rise of Hitler's Third Reich, its domination of German society in the 1930s, and the world war it began which eventually led to its downfall.
10. The Spanish Civil War & the Influence of Foreign Powers: Definition, Summary & Timeline
In this lesson, we explore the Spanish Civil War that broke out between nationalists and socialists in Spain in the 1930s. In the aftermath, General Francisco Franco instituted a fascist dictatorship.
11. What was the Abraham Lincoln Brigade?
The Abraham Lincoln Brigade fought bravely in a civil war...but it may not be the one you'd expect. In this lesson, we'll explore the creation and legacy of this unit and see what impact they had in international conflicts.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Western Civilization Since 1648: Homework Help Resource course
- Western European Absolutism (1648-1715): Homework Help
- Eastern European Power Shifts (1648-1740): Homework Help
- Empire and Expansion in the 18th Century: Homework Help
- The Scientific Revolution (1500-1790): Homework Help
- The French Revolution & Napoleon (1780-1815): Homework Help
- Industrialization From 1700-1900: Homework Help
- Political Developments From 1760-1848: Homework Help
- The Age of Nationalism: Homework Help
- European Life and Trends From 1850-1914: Homework Help
- Imperialism in the 19th and 20th Centuries: Homework Help
- World War I (1914-1919): Homework Help
- World War II (1939-1945): Homework Help
- Western Civilization Since 1945: Homework Help