About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning about The Adventure of the Yellow Face, The Adventure of the Stockbroker's Clerk and The Adventure of the Gloria Scott will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to summarize and analyze these three Sherlock Holmes stories. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing information about The Adventure of the Yellow Face, The Adventure of the Stockbroker's Clerk and The Adventure of the Gloria Scott
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with The Yellow Face, the Stockbroker's Clerk & the Gloria Scott chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take The Yellow Face, the Stockbroker's Clerk & the Gloria Scott chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about The Adventure of the Yellow Face, The Adventure of the Stockbroker's Clerk and The Adventure of the Gloria Scott for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- The Adventure of the Yellow Face character studies
- A summary and analysis of The Adventure of the Yellow Face
- The Adventure of the Gloria Scott and The Adventure of the Stockbroker's Clerk story summaries
1. The Adventure of the Yellow Face: Summary & Analysis
If someone you loved asked you to trust them, would you? Our gut says yes, but it's another story when you know there is information being withheld. In this lesson, we'll discuss the short story, 'The Adventure of the Yellow Face' by Arthur Conan Doyle, and learn how quickly trust can break.
2. The Adventure of the Yellow Face Characters
It's easy to create a justification for a mystery in our minds that can cause us to believe things that aren't true. In this lesson, we will learn about the characters in the short story, 'The Adventure of the Yellow Face' by Arthur Conan Doyle, and see how a man deals with the curious behaviors of his wife.
3. The Adventure of the Stockbroker's Clerk Summary
'The Adventure of the Stockbroker's Clerk' is a tale that follows Watson and Holmes as they work to crack a tricky mystery. In this lesson, we will ride along with the gentleman and see how they solve the mystery.
4. The Adventure of the Gloria Scott by Arthur Conan Doyle Summary
A confusing letter, a secret past and cold-blooded murder converge in this Sir Arthur Conan Doyle tale, ~'The Adventure of the Gloria Scott.~' In this lesson, we'll take a look at the plot of this Sherlock Holmes mystery.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes Study Guide course