About This Chapter
THEA Test: Analyzing Literature - Chapter Summary
Enjoy this in-depth look at the analysis of literature as you study for THEA test. After watching the video lessons, you will be prepared for the following:
- Knowing how to analyze a literary passage
- Identifying the steps involved in analyzing plot
- Analyzing characters in literature
- Understanding how to analyze settings in literature
Subject matter experts in the lessons offer step-by-step guidance to help you properly analyze literature. Refresh your knowledge of this subject by watching the lessons as often as you deem necessary.
THEA Test: Analyzing Literature Chapter Objectives
The Texas Higher Education Assessment (THEA) is an Internet-Based Test (IBT) for students planning to attend a Texas public college or university at the freshman level. It is broken into three sections: reading, mathematics and writing. Topics highlighted in this Analyzing Literature chapter are found in the writing section, which consists of 40 multiple-choice questions and one writing sample.
You can prepare for the test's writing section by watching this chapter's lessons, or accessing full video transcripts with helpful vocabulary words. You can also take short quizzes and a chapter exam to test your readiness to answer literature analysis questions. Utilizing the resources in this chapter can increase your chances of passing the writing section, which requires a score of at least 220.
1. How to Analyze a Literary Passage: A Step-by-Step Guide
In this lesson, we will examine the steps involved in the basic analysis of literature. Then, using a well-known fable, we will go through each step of analysis: comprehension, interpreting and drawing conclusions.
2. How to Analyze Plot: Steps and Examples
In this lesson, we will discuss how to analyze a plot in three basic steps. We will take these three steps and break them down to understand how to analyze a plot by analyzing a fable.
3. How to Analyze Characters in Literature: Explanation and Examples
In this lesson, we will learn to analyze characters in literature by comprehending, interpreting and drawing conclusions about each character. We will look at a story to practice analyzing characters.
4. How to Analyze Settings in Literature: Explanation and Examples
In this lesson, we will learn what a setting is, why it is important and how to analyze it. The setting can be extremely important in literature and helps develop characters, the plot and the theme.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the THEA Test: Practice & Study Guide course
- THEA Test: Understanding Words & Phrases
- THEA Test: Reading Comprehension & Interpretation
- THEA Test: Point of View & Meaning in Literature
- THEA Test: Drawing Conclusions from Ideas in Text
- THEA Test: Using Critical Thinking to Evaluate Writing
- THEA Test: Understanding Reading Assignments
- THEA Test: Writing Style
- THEA Test: Writing Organization
- THEA Test: Writing Grammar & Mechanics
- THEA Test: Using Verbs
- THEA Test: Using Modifiers
- THEA Test: Using Nouns & Pronouns
- THEA Test: Proofreading & Editing Your Writing
- THEA Test: Fundamental Arithmetic
- THEA Test: Simplifying Whole Number Expressions
- THEA Test: Negative Numbers
- THEA Test: Absolute Value
- THEA Test: Properties of Basic Math
- THEA Test: Solving Word Problems
- THEA Test: Fractions
- THEA Test: Decimals & Percentages
- THEA Test: Ratios & Proportions
- THEA Test: Units of Measurement
- THEA Test: Scientific Notation
- THEA Test: Radicals & Square Roots
- THEA Test: Radical Expressions
- THEA Test: Exponents
- THEA Test: Calculating & Plotting Data
- THEA Test: Solving Rational Equations
- THEA Test: Graphing Linear Equations
- THEA Test: Principles of Algebra
- THEA Test: Algebraic Expressions & Equations
- THEA Test: Word Problems in Algebra
- THEA Test: Properties of Functions
- THEA Test: Quadratic Equations
- THEA Test: Two-Variable Equations & Systems of Equations
- THEA Test: Properties of Polynomial Functions
- THEA Test: Properties & Theorems of Geometry
- THEA Test: Principles of Geometry
- THEA Test: Area, Perimeter & Volume in Geometry
- THEA Test: Problem Solving in Math
- THEA Test Flashcards