About This Chapter
THEA Test: Negative Numbers - Chapter Summary
While preparing for the THEA test, you might find that you're running into topics you haven't reviewed in months or years. To ease the studying process, watch video lessons covering negative numbers. In no time, you'll be ready to:
- Describe how negative numbers are ordered and appear on the number line
- Show your ability to add and subtract negative numbers
- Exhibit the process of multiplying and dividing negative numbers
Learn all you need to know about negative numbers with expert instruction that is presented in fun videos with entertaining visual effects. You can watch the videos as often as needed to feel confident that you fully understand lesson concepts.
THEA Test: Negative Numbers Chapter Objectives
As a student preparing to enter your freshman year in a Texas public college or university, you might have to take the THEA test to show you have the skills needed to succeed in higher education. The test has three sections that focus on reading, math and writing. Topics covered in this Negative Numbers chapter are found in the math section, which consists of 50 multiple-choice questions that examine fundamental math, algebra, geometry and problem solving abilities.
Passing the math section of the computer-based test requires earning a score of at least 230. To get closer to meeting this goal, you can watch video lessons and access full transcripts with very helpful vocabulary words. Also, utilize timelines located below the videos if you want to review to key topics within the lessons.
1. Introduction to Negative Numbers
Watch this video lesson to see how negative numbers appear on the number line. Learn how they are ordered and how you can easily order a set of negative numbers that are given to you.
2. Adding & Subtracting Negative Numbers
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to add and subtract negative numbers with ease. Learn what you need to watch for and what will make your job easier.
3. Multiplying & Dividing Negative Numbers
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to multiply and divide negative numbers with ease. Learn what to watch for and how to handle the negative signs so that you get the right answer every time.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the THEA Test: Practice & Study Guide course
- THEA Test: Understanding Words & Phrases
- THEA Test: Analyzing Literature
- THEA Test: Reading Comprehension & Interpretation
- THEA Test: Point of View & Meaning in Literature
- THEA Test: Drawing Conclusions from Ideas in Text
- THEA Test: Using Critical Thinking to Evaluate Writing
- THEA Test: Understanding Reading Assignments
- THEA Test: Writing Style
- THEA Test: Writing Organization
- THEA Test: Writing Grammar & Mechanics
- THEA Test: Using Verbs
- THEA Test: Using Modifiers
- THEA Test: Using Nouns & Pronouns
- THEA Test: Proofreading & Editing Your Writing
- THEA Test: Fundamental Arithmetic
- THEA Test: Simplifying Whole Number Expressions
- THEA Test: Absolute Value
- THEA Test: Properties of Basic Math
- THEA Test: Solving Word Problems
- THEA Test: Fractions
- THEA Test: Decimals & Percentages
- THEA Test: Ratios & Proportions
- THEA Test: Units of Measurement
- THEA Test: Scientific Notation
- THEA Test: Radicals & Square Roots
- THEA Test: Radical Expressions
- THEA Test: Exponents
- THEA Test: Calculating & Plotting Data
- THEA Test: Solving Rational Equations
- THEA Test: Graphing Linear Equations
- THEA Test: Principles of Algebra
- THEA Test: Algebraic Expressions & Equations
- THEA Test: Word Problems in Algebra
- THEA Test: Properties of Functions
- THEA Test: Quadratic Equations
- THEA Test: Two-Variable Equations & Systems of Equations
- THEA Test: Properties of Polynomial Functions
- THEA Test: Properties & Theorems of Geometry
- THEA Test: Principles of Geometry
- THEA Test: Area, Perimeter & Volume in Geometry
- THEA Test: Problem Solving in Math
- THEA Test Flashcards