About This Chapter
THEA Test: Properties & Theorems of Geometry - Chapter Summary
Revisit mathematical concepts you haven't explore in awhile by reviewing lessons that analyze the properties and theorems of geometry. Upon completion of this chapter, you will be prepared to:
- Identify properties and postulates of geometric figures
- Define 2D shapes
- Explain three-dimensional shapes in geometry
- Describe the properties of shapes that include rectangles, squares and rhombuses
- Discuss the meaning and application of the Pythagorean theorem
The lessons in this chapter are short, averaging about 10 minutes apiece, which enables you to condense weeks or months of materials as you study. You can revisit the videos as often as needed to ensure you fully comprehend the concepts.
THEA Test: Properties & Theorems of Geometry Objectives
As a prospective college freshman in Texas, you might be required to take and pass the THEA test to gain admission to your public college or university of choice. The test is broken into three sections that test your comprehension of writing, reading and mathematics. Topics in this chapter are covered in the mathematics section of the test, which consists of 50 multiple-choice questions.
You can increase your chances of earning a passing score of 230 or higher in the mathematics section by reviewing the lessons on the properties and theorems of geometry, then taking short lesson quizzes. If you have any questions about lesson topics, submit them to our experts who are eager to help.
1. Properties and Postulates of Geometric Figures
In geometry, there are some basic postulates that are relied upon as the basis for other theorems. Watch this video to learn about the postulates that deal with points, lines, and planes.
2. What are 2D Shapes? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will find out how a flat piece of paper will help you determine what shapes are considered 2D. You will also learn the wide variety of 2D shapes you may encounter in life.
3. Overview of Three-dimensional Shapes in Geometry
We are surrounded by three-dimensional shapes. Watch this video lesson to see what some three-dimensional shapes look like, such as a cube, a sphere, a brick, and a cylinder.
4. Properties of Shapes: Rectangles, Squares and Rhombuses
What's the difference between a square and a rectangle? What about a rhombus and a square? In this lesson, we'll look at the properties of these shapes.
5. The Pythagorean Theorem: Practice and Application
The Pythagorean theorem is one of the most famous geometric theorems. Written by the Greek mathematician Pythagoras, this theorem makes it possible to find a missing side length of a right triangle. Learn more about the famous theorem here and test your understanding with a quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the THEA Test: Practice & Study Guide course
- THEA Test: Understanding Words & Phrases
- THEA Test: Analyzing Literature
- THEA Test: Reading Comprehension & Interpretation
- THEA Test: Point of View & Meaning in Literature
- THEA Test: Drawing Conclusions from Ideas in Text
- THEA Test: Using Critical Thinking to Evaluate Writing
- THEA Test: Understanding Reading Assignments
- THEA Test: Writing Style
- THEA Test: Writing Organization
- THEA Test: Writing Grammar & Mechanics
- THEA Test: Using Verbs
- THEA Test: Using Modifiers
- THEA Test: Using Nouns & Pronouns
- THEA Test: Proofreading & Editing Your Writing
- THEA Test: Fundamental Arithmetic
- THEA Test: Simplifying Whole Number Expressions
- THEA Test: Negative Numbers
- THEA Test: Absolute Value
- THEA Test: Properties of Basic Math
- THEA Test: Solving Word Problems
- THEA Test: Fractions
- THEA Test: Decimals & Percentages
- THEA Test: Ratios & Proportions
- THEA Test: Units of Measurement
- THEA Test: Scientific Notation
- THEA Test: Radicals & Square Roots
- THEA Test: Radical Expressions
- THEA Test: Exponents
- THEA Test: Calculating & Plotting Data
- THEA Test: Solving Rational Equations
- THEA Test: Graphing Linear Equations
- THEA Test: Principles of Algebra
- THEA Test: Algebraic Expressions & Equations
- THEA Test: Word Problems in Algebra
- THEA Test: Properties of Functions
- THEA Test: Quadratic Equations
- THEA Test: Two-Variable Equations & Systems of Equations
- THEA Test: Properties of Polynomial Functions
- THEA Test: Principles of Geometry
- THEA Test: Area, Perimeter & Volume in Geometry
- THEA Test: Problem Solving in Math
- THEA Test Flashcards