About This Chapter
THEA Test: Ratios & Proportions - Chapter Summary
Gain greater insight into ratios and proportions by reviewing the engaging video lessons in this chapter. In no time, you will be prepared to answer questions on the THEA related to:
- Defining ratios and rates
- Examining how ratios and proportions are related
- Discussing the different ways mathematicians write ratios
- Performing calculations with ratios and proportions
- Solving SAT-style questions related to calculating ratios and proportions
The video lessons are presented in a high-quality visual format that makes the studying process fun and easy. You can also access video transcripts with helpful vocabulary words to deepen your understanding of ratios and proportions.
THEA Test: Ratios & Proportions Chapter Objectives
Texas public colleges and universities often use the THEA test as a way to gauge the reading, writing and math comprehension of students seeking admission as freshmen. The test is broken into three sections that are scored separately. This chapter helps you prepare for the mathematics section, which consists of 50 multiple-choice questions that explore geometry, fundamental math, problem solving and algebra. The topics covered in this chapter are part of the fundamental math area.
Make studying for this section of the test easier by reviewing the lessons in their video or written formats. You can also take self-assessment quizzes before or after reviewing the lessons to assess how well you understand ratios and proportions. A chapter exam helps reinforce concepts learned in all the lessons. Any questions you have about chapter topics can be submitted to our experts.
1. Ratios & Rates: Definitions & Examples
If we have two items, or two numbers, and we want to compare them, what language can we use? How do we write the comparison? Find out as we learn about ratios and rates in this lesson.
2. Ratios and Proportions: Definition and Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn how ratios and proportions are related. Also, learn how ratios and proportions are used in real life and how you can apply them to yours.
3. What is Ratio in Math? - Definition & Overview
In this lesson, learn the different ways that mathematicians write ratios. Also learn how ratios are used when cooking. You will also discover how to effectively use ratios to help you get things done.
4. Calculations with Ratios and Proportions
Even if only 99 out of 100 people need to know how to work with ratios, the odds that they'll be useful to you are very high. In this lesson, we'll practice performing calculations with ratios and proportions.
5. Practice Problems for Calculating Ratios and Proportions
In this lesson, you'll get a quick review of a type of math problem that shows up on the SAT: ratios and proportions. We'll walk through some problems in the video, and you can test your skills in the quiz questions.
6. Proportion: Definition, Application & Examples
When we want to compare one ratio, or fraction, to another equivalent ratio, it's a proportion. Learn all about proportions and practice solving proportion problems in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the THEA Test: Practice & Study Guide course
- THEA Test: Understanding Words & Phrases
- THEA Test: Analyzing Literature
- THEA Test: Reading Comprehension & Interpretation
- THEA Test: Point of View & Meaning in Literature
- THEA Test: Drawing Conclusions from Ideas in Text
- THEA Test: Using Critical Thinking to Evaluate Writing
- THEA Test: Understanding Reading Assignments
- THEA Test: Writing Style
- THEA Test: Writing Organization
- THEA Test: Writing Grammar & Mechanics
- THEA Test: Using Verbs
- THEA Test: Using Modifiers
- THEA Test: Using Nouns & Pronouns
- THEA Test: Proofreading & Editing Your Writing
- THEA Test: Fundamental Arithmetic
- THEA Test: Simplifying Whole Number Expressions
- THEA Test: Negative Numbers
- THEA Test: Absolute Value
- THEA Test: Properties of Basic Math
- THEA Test: Solving Word Problems
- THEA Test: Fractions
- THEA Test: Decimals & Percentages
- THEA Test: Units of Measurement
- THEA Test: Scientific Notation
- THEA Test: Radicals & Square Roots
- THEA Test: Radical Expressions
- THEA Test: Exponents
- THEA Test: Calculating & Plotting Data
- THEA Test: Solving Rational Equations
- THEA Test: Graphing Linear Equations
- THEA Test: Principles of Algebra
- THEA Test: Algebraic Expressions & Equations
- THEA Test: Word Problems in Algebra
- THEA Test: Properties of Functions
- THEA Test: Quadratic Equations
- THEA Test: Two-Variable Equations & Systems of Equations
- THEA Test: Properties of Polynomial Functions
- THEA Test: Properties & Theorems of Geometry
- THEA Test: Principles of Geometry
- THEA Test: Area, Perimeter & Volume in Geometry
- THEA Test: Problem Solving in Math
- THEA Test Flashcards