About This Chapter
Tigers for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Use these short lessons as a tool to help you teach your students about tigers. These lessons provide information about tigers found in China, Sumatra, Bali, Malaysia, and Indochina. You'll even find a lesson explaining the configuration of a tiger's teeth. Engaging writing and well-researched facts help your students get a thorough overview of tigers, while the lesson quizzes and chapter tests help you check their comprehension and retention of the material.
- Snow tigers
- Tiger teeth
- Sumatran tigers
- South Chinese tigers
- Bali tigers
- Indochinese tigers
- Caspian tigers
- Malayan tigers
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with understanding tigers will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about tigers.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding information about Sumatran tigers
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about snow tigers
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about Malayan tigers
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the tiger topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about tigers.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands tigers by completing the Tigers for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Snow Tiger Facts: Lesson for Kids
Snow tigers are mysterious big cats with unique white fur and dark stripes. Today, these beautiful animals can only be seen in zoos or at circuses. Learn why they lost their orange fur and are not found in the wild in this lesson.
2. Tiger Teeth Facts: Lesson for Kids
Tigers have large mouths filled with different kinds of teeth. Come learn about the different kinds of teeth tigers have, what they are used for and how they change as they get older.
3. Sumatran Tiger Facts: Lesson for Kids
Sumatran tigers are the smallest of all the different kinds of tigers. Come learn about Sumatran tigers, where they live, how big they are, what they eat, why it's important to protect them and some other cool facts.
4. South Chinese Tiger Facts: Lesson for Kids
They may live on the other side of the world, but there is an effort from scientists all over the world to save this special tiger. Read about the South Chinese tigers and what makes them who they are.
5. Bali Tiger Facts: Lesson for Kids
Bali tigers are smaller tigers that are now extinct. This lesson will teach you about these tigers, where they lived and some of the reasons they disappeared from the wild forever.
6. Indochinese Tiger Facts: Lesson for Kids
The Indochinese tiger is a kind of tiger that's in danger of disappearing forever. Come learn about this tiger, where it lives, what it eats and why we humans need to work to protect this animal.
7. Caspian Tiger: Lesson for Kids
Caspian tigers were one of the biggest cats that ever roamed the Earth but were declared extinct. Come learn about these tigers, where they lived and why they may not be extinct after all.
8. Malayan Tiger: Lesson for Kids
Malayan tigers live on the Malay Peninsula in Asia. This lesson will teach you about these tigers, how big they get, what habitat they like, what they eat and some other cool facts about these big cats.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Plants & Animals for Kids course
- Animal Habitats & Endangerment for Elementary School
- Animal Life Cycles for Elementary School
- Cheetahs for Elementary School
- Horses for Elementary School
- What Animals Eat for Elementary School
- Animals of Geographic Locations for Kids
- Large Mammals for Kids
- Bugs, Butterflies & Insects for Kids
- Reptiles for Kids
- Aquatic Animals & Marine Life for Kids
- Foxes & Wolves for Kids
- Small Mammals for Kids
- Australian Plants and Animals for Kids
- Monkeys, Apes, and Chimps for Kids
- Snakes for Elementary School
- Crustaceans for Elementary School
- Birds for Elementary School
- Fish for Elementary School
- Trees for Elementary School
- Plants for Elementary School
- Pigs for Elementary School
- Sea Creatures for Elementary School
- Large Birds for Elementary School
- Cranes for Elementary School
- Doves for Elementary School
- Egrets for Elementary School
- Geese for Elementary School
- Gulls for Elementary School
- Hawks for Elementary School
- Herons for Elementary School
- Rain Forest Birds for Elementary School
- Falcons for Elementary School
- Woodpeckers for Elementary School