About This Chapter
Who it's for
The Time Management for College Success chapter is designed for independent learners who are preparing to enter college or have just started the college experience and are looking for effective time management strategies. Watch the lessons in this chapter if you:
- Struggle with procrastination, organization or setting academic goals
- Have numerous work and family responsibilities outside of school
- Are reentering an academic institution after a gap of several years
How it works
- Watch lessons in sequence or in the order of greatest personal need
- Take accompanying self-assessment quizzes to gauge your understanding of time management
- Print and complete the worksheets with each lesson to reinforce time management concepts
- Use the chapter exam to confirm you understand how to effectively manage your time in college
- Strategies to help independent learners understand how to fit studying into a busy schedule
- Tips for balancing work, family and school
- How to set study goals as an independent learner
- Understanding SMART goals and how to set them
- Staying motivated to study when learning independently
1. Fitting Studying into a Busy Schedule
Most students today lead incredibly busy lives, trying to balance work, school, and social obligations. So, when does anyone have time to study? This lesson will show you how to fit studying into your busy schedule.
2. Balancing Work, Family & School
Many students today struggle to balance all the different parts of their lives. Between work and school and family, it can be difficult! In this lesson, we'll explore strategies for balancing all your responsibilities and getting it all done.
3. Setting Study Goals for Yourself
Study goals can make the difference between academic success and failure. In this lesson, we'll look at how to set good study goals and how to organize yourself to achieve the goals you set.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the College Success course