About This Chapter
Time, Proportions, Ratios, Rates, Velocity & Density - Chapter Summary
The objective of this chapter is to help you improve your skills solving problems with proportions, ratios and rates, in addition to providing you with a way to improve your understanding of problems with time, velocity and density. Our professional instructors have assembled these lessons to help you with:
- Finding answers for math problems with measures of time
- Completing calculations with ratios and proportions
- Defining equivalent ratios
- Completing problems with rates
- Solving for density
- Finding measures of velocity
These lessons are also mobile-device compatible so that you may have a versatile way to study the material. Also, take the lesson quizzes to discover topics you don't understand and return to the lessons to reinforce your understanding of those subjects. At the end of the chapter, complete the practice chapter exam for an additional assessment of your skill and knowledge.
1. How to Solve Problems with Time
It's amazing how much time can be saved when people work together. In this lesson, we'll practice figuring out just how much time we're talking about as we solve problems involving time.
2. Calculations with Ratios and Proportions
Even if only 99 out of 100 people need to know how to work with ratios, the odds that they'll be useful to you are very high. In this lesson, we'll practice performing calculations with ratios and proportions.
3. Equivalent Ratios: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you'll learn what ratios are and discover their relationship with fractions. You'll also learn what makes ratios equivalent and look at some examples.
4. Solving Problems Using Rates
In this video lesson, learn how to set up rate problems so you can easily solve them. You will become familiar with the rate formula and you will see how easy it is to use.
5. Density: Definition, Formula & Practice Problems
In this lesson, you'll learn about density, the way in which density can be calculated from mass and volume, and that density of substances are constant. You'll get to calculate densities of various materials in different situations.
6. Velocity in Math: Definition, Equation & Problems
Velocity in math is similar to speed, with only one difference. Learn what that difference is, how to write velocity, and how to calculate velocity problems.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OSAT Elementary Education (CEOE) (050/051): Practice & Study Guide course
- Oral Language Development
- Literacy Development & Print Awareness
- Early Literacy Word Recognition and Spelling
- Late Stages Literacy Word Recognition & Spelling
- Fluency & Reading Development
- Vocabulary Knowledge & Skills
- Reading Comprehension Instruction
- Understanding & Analyzing Literary & Narrative Texts
- Analyzing Informational & Expository Texts
- The Writing Process & Language
- Writing to a Specific Audience
- Elements of Literary Research
- Oral & Visual Communication
- Historical Concepts & Research Skills
- Government, Civics & Economics
- Fundamental Geography Concepts
- History Study Skills
- Oklahoma & U.S. Political History
- Global Political History
- Historical Analysis & Interpretation
- Number Sense, Numeration & Operations
- Algebraic Patterns, Equations & Functions
- Geometry & Properties of Shapes
- Measurement in Math
- Area, Perimeter, Surface Area & Volume
- Statistics & Charts
- Probability & Events
- Math & Problem Solving
- Mathematical Representation & Communication
- The Nature & History of Science
- Scientific Process & Inquiry
- Physical Science Fundamentals
- Earth, Space Science & Weather
- Types of Living Organisms
- Interactions Among Living Things
- Health & Fitness in Children
- Visual Arts Concepts
- Music, Drama, Theater & the Arts
- OSAT Elementary Education (CEOE) (050/051) Flashcards