About This Chapter
Time & Stress Management at Work - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this chapter were designed to boost your understanding of time and stress management at work. Get familiar with organizational and individual techniques and methods of managing stress, as well as time management concepts. This chapter will assist you in learning more about:
- Definitions and examples of time management
- Job stress and time management
- Sources of stress in the workplace
- The consequences of work stress
- Effects and types of fear of failure
- Leadership and emotional intelligence
Lessons were made short so you can easily make good progress on your studies. Log in with your mobile device whenever you have a few minutes from wherever you are, and complete a lesson or two. You can submit any questions directly to the instructors.
1. What is Time Management? - Definition, Examples & Studies
There are more options today than ever before for ways to spend our time - or waste it! Read on to learn why and how we can better manage our most scarce resource.
2. Time Management & Job Stress
Time management is something we all deal with as our lives get more hectic. In this lesson, we will address time management and the stress it can put on an individual in the workplace.
3. Stress in the Workplace: Definition, Sources & Meaning
The workplace is a constant source of stress for individuals. Managers need to understand the different sources of stress. Work demands and nonwork demands are the two major sources of stress that individuals face daily.
4. Consequences of Stress at Work: Physiological, Psychological & Behavioral Symptoms
Stress can affect individuals in many different ways on the job. Individual Stress consists of physiological, psychological and behavioral symptoms. All three behavioral symptoms can cause immense organizational distress.
5. How to Deal with Stress in the Workplace
Workplace stress is a mental or emotional strain on an individual due to specific work circumstances. Most individuals feel stress during their daily work. There are many techniques that can be used to help deal with stress in the workplace.
6. Stress Management: Individual and Organizational Techniques & Methods
Companies need to help employees learn how to manage their stress at work. Preventative stress management is a corporate philosophy that is concerned with eliminating stress and improving employee health. There are numerous organizational and individual techniques that can be used to help improve employee stress.
7. Fear of Failure: Definition, Effects & Types
It's time to move forward in your life, reach your goals, and achieve your dreams. However, your fear of failing is holding you back. Learn more about this type of fear and what motivates it.
8. Using Emotional Intelligence in Leadership
Many times managers or leaders focus on the functional aspects of the job you do, as opposed to the emotional intelligence that drives the way you do your job. In this lesson, we discuss emotional intelligence and how it relates to leadership.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CM Leading & Controlling Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager course
- Workplace Leadership
- Employee Motivation in the Workplace
- Managing Change in the Workplace
- Workplace Conflict
- Organizational Politics at Work
- Managing Workplace Misbehavior
- Types of Workplace Misbehavior
- Privacy in the Workplace
- Organizational Control in Business
- Controlling Operations Costs in Business
- Quality Management in Business
- Inventory Control in Business
- Business Accounting Fundamentals
- Financial Statements for Business
- Financial Analysis for Business
- Financial Management for Business
- CM Leading & Controlling Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager Flashcards