About This Chapter
TOEFL Vocabulary - Summary
Have a look at these specially TOEFL vocabulary quizzes. You can use any desktop computer, laptop or mobile device to take the quizzes from anyplace at any time convenient for you. THE TOEFL will challenge you to recognize and understand the meaning if words in four very different contexts: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. Having a strong grasp of English words (especially academic vocabulary) will help you feel confident and score your best. Here's a short list of just some of the TOEFL words you will learn, review, and recall:
How to Use this Vocabulary Practice
Reviewing TOEFL vocabulary words with these helpful quizzes will be great for understanding not just the meaning of the word, but also how it is used in the context of a sentence or passage.
- The best way to get going is to start out with the beginner level, and then move to intermediate or advanced when you are ready
- Reading the lesson copy will help you prepare for the level of the words you are likely to see in the quiz questions
- The lessons also contain some helpful study tips, like how to use prefixes, suffixes, and root words to your advantage when studying TOEFL vocabulary
- Click on the Quiz button when you are ready to start. Each lesson contains about 20 questions.
- After the quiz, you will get a score report
- Don't forget to regularly review the words until they are deeply embedded in your working vocabulary
1. TOEFL Word List: Beginner
These exercises are the first step in building your vocabulary list to prepare for the TOEFL iBT exam. You might already know these words, or maybe you need a refresher. Either way, this is a resource to build and expand your English vocabulary.
2. TOEFL Word List: Intermediate
These fun and easy exercises will help you build your vocabulary to the next level and help you prepare for the TOEFL iBT exam. You might already know these words, or maybe you need a refresher. Either way, this is a resource to help you build and expand your English vocabulary.
3. TOEFL Word List: Advanced
It is time to step up your vocabulary list to prepare for the TOEFL iBT exam. Use these practice questions to help you build and expand your advanced level English vocabulary to score your best on the TOEFL.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TOEFL iBT: Test Prep and Practice course