About This Chapter
Tools for Making Decisions in Business - Chapter Summary
In this decision-making training chapter, your employees will take a look at useful and effective tools that can be used to make business decisions. Share these short lessons with your employees to help them understand important decision-making concepts, such as:
- Decision analysis approach
- Decision evaluation checklists
- Creative decision making
- Logic and reasoning for business decisions
Following each lesson is a short quiz that helps your employees check their understanding of the material. The chapter can be accessed on any computer or mobile device, and the Ask the Expert feature helps your employees submit any questions they may have.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter is designed to educate employees on methods and tools for decision analysis
- Improves decision-making skills: Employees will be able to utilize creativity, logic and reasoning when making decisions at work
- Offers helpful decision-making strategies: The chapter includes a lesson on how to use an evaluation checklist to make decisions
By the end of the chapter, your employees will be able to:
- Define the decision analysis approach for business decision making
- Use an evaluation checklist for business decisions
- Describe the functions of several decision analysis tools/models
- Explain the importance of creativity in decision making
- Make business decisions by using logic and reasoning
1. The Decision Analysis Approach to Decision Making in Business
How do you know what the best decision for your business is? What are the costs and benefits associated with each option? In this lesson, we'll examine decision analysis, including what it is and how to use value and uncertainty in your analysis.
2. Practical Application: Business Decision Evaluation Checklist
This checklist will help you evaluate the effectiveness of your business decisions. You'll be able to easily go through the checklist and look for implications of your decisions in your finances, interpersonal relationships, and in the long-term success of your business.
3. Decision Analysis: Models & Tools
Each day we make important decisions, personally and professionally. Often we use decision-making tools without even realizing it. In this lesson, we'll discuss some important models and tools that we can use to improve our decision-making process.
4. Creativity in Decision Making: Importance & Examples
Creativity can take many forms, including the way that decisions are made for business success. Understanding the process of making creative decisions - and implementing some steps to improve your creativity - can help you make better decisions.
5. Using Logic & Reasoning to Make Business Decisions
Making business decisions can be scary. Even simple business decisions can have million dollar consequences. In this lesson, we discuss the use of logic as a tool we can use to make sound business decisions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.