About This Chapter
Tourism & Hospitality Trends - Chapter Summary
Our instructors present a series of brief lessons on hospitality and tourism trends in this engaging chapter. You'll review how international travel and tourism has impacted hospitality industry growth as well the development of trends like e-commerce and ecotourism. These learning tools are accessible 24 hours a day on your mobile device or computer. The short quiz accompanying each lesson provides a way for you to check your understanding or see how you'd do on a test. This chapter is designed to help you:
- Explain the benefits of ecotourism
- Outline some of the macro-environment trends in hospitality and tourism
- Detail how e-commerce is used in the hospitality industry
- Describe growth in the MICE industry
1. Ecotourism: Definition & Benefits
Many people love to travel, but when it comes to visiting nature, there is a right way and a wrong way to go. Ecotourism is the right way. Find out why!
2. International Travel & Tourism: Impact on Growth in the Hospitality Industry
In this lesson, we'll examine the impact of international travel and tourism on the hospitality industry, including growth and challenges that arise from an increase in international travel.
3. Macro-Environment Trends in Hospitality & Tourism
Macro-environment trends that are political, economical, environmental, or social in nature can influence the direction of hospitality and tourism organizations. In this lesson, you'll learn more about those conditions.
4. E-Commerce in the Hospitality Industry
Technology has changed the way things are done in several industries. This lesson takes a look at the impact of E-commerce specifically on the hospitality industry.
5. Growth in the MICE Industry
The MICE industry has been growing in recent years. Learn how the economy, audience size, atmosphere, and activities play into this growth. See how this holds true for both business events and other events.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hospitality 105: Introduction to the Tourism & Travel Industry course
- Overview of the Tourism Industry
- Consumer Behavior of Travelers
- World Tourism Organizations
- Tourism Policy & Planning
- Tourism Economics
- Lodging Classifications
- Lodging Operations
- Food & Beverage Operations
- Transportation in Tourism Management
- Recreation Organizations in Tourism Management
- Intermediaries in Tourism Management
- Global Issues Affecting Tourism
- Tourism Marketing
- Tourism & Travel Careers
- Studying for Hospitality 105