About This Chapter
Training & Assessment in an Organization - Chapter Summary
Our subject-matter experts have prepared this set of lessons to boost your understanding of training and assessment in an organization. Take a look at different kinds of training programs for employees. Examine the information in other lessons, like:
- Assessing an organization's training needs
- Mentoring, job rotation and on-the-job training
- Results, traits and behavioral appraisals
- 360 feedback on performance appraisals
This chapter contains video lessons, each between 5-10 minutes long, and hosted by Study.com instructors. Lessons are short, making it easy to make daily progress by logging in using your mobile device whenever you have the few minutes it takes to complete a lesson. Use our popular feature that allows you to submit a question directly to the instructor.
1. Assessing Training Needs of an Organization
This lesson discusses the process of assessing the training needs of an organization, which begins with looking at what is presently being done there and comparing that to what needs to be done. New training plans can then be put into place, making it possible for managers to solve problems.
2. Types of Employee Training Programs
There are several types of employee training programs. Employees may receive basic literacy training, interpersonal skills training, technical training, problem-solving training and diversity or sensitivity training. Each type of training targets a different facet of an organization's overall culture and performance.
3. Methods for Training Employees: Mentoring, On-The-Job & Job Rotation
There are several different types of training methods used to acclimate an employee to a new job or even to a new position within his current organization. In this lesson, we'll discuss several different methods, including on-the-job training, job rotation and job mentoring.
4. Types of Performance Appraisal: Trait, Behavioral & Results
Performance appraisals help organizations and their members measure performance. In this lesson, you'll learn about different standards, or criteria, used in performance appraisals, including trait, competencies, behavioral and results.
5. Performance Appraisal and 360 Feedback
Employee evaluations are a way managers can assess job performance and provide feedback to employees. An employee's performance is measured using various types of evaluation systems, including top-down appraisal, management by objectives (MBO), self-assessment and 360 degree feedback.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CM Planning & Organizing Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager course
- Strategic Planning in Business
- Business Missions & Goals
- Building Strategy in Business
- Value Chain Management
- Improving Customer Relations
- Improving Quality in Business
- Improving Efficiency in Business
- Improving Innovation in Business
- Project Management Definition & Skills
- Managing Structure & Culture in Business
- Building Teams & Work Groups
- Human Resources & Hiring
- Overview of Workplace Pay & Benefits
- Diversity at Work
- Coaching & Feedback in the Workplace
- Career Business Networking
- Mentoring at Work
- Holding Productive Meetings
- CM Planning & Organizing Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager Flashcards