About This Chapter
1. Complex Conjugate: Numbers, Functions & Examples
Complex conjugates, a combination of complex numbers and conjugates, are used when solving certain types of problems. Learn about complex conjugates, their functions, and how to apply them to problems through examples.
2. Vertical Shift: Definition & Examples
A vertical shift is defined as an instance where the graph, as the visual representation of a function, moves vertically up or down. Explore examples of vertical shift, including the vertical shift of a point, a linear equation, and a parabola.
3. Convolution Theorem: Application & Examples
Convolution is a mathematical operation that is a special way to do a sum that accounts for past events. In this lesson, we explore the convolution theorem, which relates convolution in one domain to multiplication in another, as well as the Laplace Transform.
4. Eigenvalues: Definition, Properties & Examples
In mathematics, eigenvalues provide a method for simplifying linear operations. Explore the definition, properties, and examples of eigenvalues. Use matrices to find eigenvalues and understand eigenvalue properties.
5. Eigenvectors: Properties, Application & Example
Eigenvectors are special vectors associated with a matrix. In this lesson we explore the properties of eigenvectors and how to use them to solve a system of linear differential equations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the General Studies Math: Help & Review course
- Basic Fractions
- Basic Math Conversion Problems
- Basic Math Foundations
- Basic Math Problems
- Data, Statistics & Probability Fundamentals
- Exponents & Polynomial Functions
- Geometry Topics Overview
- Conversions & Measurements
- Fundamental Mathematical Operations
- Geometry & Algebra
- FTCE Middle Grades Math: Solving Word Problems