About This Chapter
Transitioning to an Agile Organizational Culture - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, our experienced instructors provide information on transitioning to an agile organizational culture. Short, informative video lessons cover topics such as Kotter's 8-step change model, employee attitude and behavior during organizational change and creating and sustaining an organizational culture. You'll find this chapter effective whether you want to lead a group corporate training workshop or assign these lessons to your employees to complete on their own.
How It Helps
- Eases change: Ensure that all members of your team are on the same page and aware of what is needed as your organization undergoes transformation.
- Builds confidence: This chapter helps supervisors understand what to expect during a change so they can navigate the process with confidence.
- Offers solutions: These lessons can help supervisors work through barriers to change and know how to handle any issues that may arise during an agile transition.
Our chapter is a helpful way to teach your supervisors how to:
- Understand organizational culture and agile transformation
- Discuss the problems and pitfalls of agile organizational culture
- Outline change management and agile customization
- Create and sustain organizational culture
- Define organizational culture and change
- Apply Kotter's 8-step change model
- Explain employee behavior and attitudes during organizational change
- Overcome and address barriers to change in organizations
1. When Agile Fails: Problems & Pitfalls
Agile is often treated as the solution to the shortcomings of traditional project methodologies. Despite its many advantages, Agile methodology does have its share of vulnerabilities. Learn the problems and pitfalls that cause Agile to fail.
2. Creating and Sustaining Organizational Culture
In this lesson, you will learn how culture is created and sustained in organizations and why it is important for organizations to create and sustain a successful culture in order to succeed in their environment.
3. Organizational Culture and Change
Organizational change involving altering processes and systems within a company often affects the existing group norms, beliefs and values. This makes change a challenge for managers. There are tactics managers can use to institute change in a positive and welcoming way.
4. Applying Kotter's 8-Step Change Model
John Kotter's 8-step change model is widely accepted across all industries as an effective model for implementing organizational change. In this lesson, each step of the Kotter model is discussed using Carl's carwash as the contextual example for making lasting change at the carwash.
5. Employee Behavior & Attitudes During Organizational Change
Change can be difficult for organizations. The fear of the unknown, fear of loss, fear of failure, disruption of relationships, certain personalities and internal politics are the main reasons for rejecting change. In order to manage change, the company needs to offer communication, support and participation.
6. Overcoming Barriers to Change in Organizations
Overcoming barriers to change in an organization can be difficult. There are some basic strategies that can help improve the acceptance of major changes within a company.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.